Folding Group Tracks

Can this be done, am I being thick lol

Comments

• Do you mean hiding all tracks within the group?

• Not sure if this is what you want. On main group track

• edited December 2018

@LeeB yes, but In the sequencer view as well, not just the mixer view.

• Not that I’ve come across, sorry.

• Hi LeeB

Thanks, that’s half of it sorted :) shame it can’t be done on the sequencer page.

• @TwistedGenetics said:
    Hi LeeB

Thanks, that’s half of it sorted :) shame it can’t be done on the sequencer page.

I thought the demo video showed that it could on that part as well

• You can re-arrange them but you can't collapse/expand them in the song editor. I'd quite like it too but I was struggling to work out where to fit it.

• @Blip Interactive said:
    You can re-arrange them but you can't collapse/expand them in the song editor. I'd quite like it too but I was struggling to work out where to fit it.

Maybe just a plus and minus icon in the upper left corner of the group rectangle? Or the same icon you have on the mixer page?

• This would be very nice. The track grouping is great, but this would make it truly powerful.

I’d rather see it done as a triple toe tap and hold than an ugly plus sign though.

• edited December 2018

I'd be worried about adding any more touchable areas on the track headers, particularly when they get small. Triple tap would get first interpreted as a double tap so it would navigate to the instrument first sadly!

Could possibly make a rule that only tracks which don't have instruments (ie. they're being used to group) can collapse their child tracks. Then it could be a double tap on those (currently, that takes you to the track's audio chain).

• Nothing happens right now with long-press. That would seem logical to me. Hold down until the tracks collapse, or expand. Some kind of visual indicator that there are sub tracks is needed when they’re collapsed though.

• Long press initiates a drag!

• Oops. Yeh. Forgot.

• Can you tell I've been through this dialogue a million times in my mind already?

This is so much the problem. It's easy to think up functions, and come to an agreement that they'd be good. But fitting the little buggers in ...

• edited December 2018

Add collapse / expand to the "+" menu at the bottom left? Doesn't show as an option if a parent track isn't selected?