time stretching (in the sample editor) : is it possible ?

I guess not because when I wrote « stretching » in the research bar I (strangely) found only one topic named : how yo fake time stretching (with Obsidian). So I guess I probably have my answer but one never knows...
It would be so nice though... Just tell me anyway so I’m fixed, thank you

Comments

• edited January 2019

At the moment not possible, but it is on wishlist of soo many people (including me :)) - i believe sooner or later it will be added, it is for sure one of things on Matt's lightyears long todo list, we just need to be patient ..

Had you tried my trick ? :)

• @dendy said:
    At the moment not possible, but it is on wishlist of soo many people (including me :)) - i believe sooner or later it will be added, it is for sure one of things on Matt's lightyears long todo list, we just need to be patient ..

That is a great trick! B)

• @dendy said:

I’m glad you ask because I didn’t understand at all what you did and I was hesitating to ask you 🤭... so thank you !

• edited January 2019

@Cyril

Just

• create init patch
    • load loop into sample oscillator
    • set macro knob mapping to "Osc All -> Sample start"
    • in sequencer, create part with length exactly like loop lendth
    • in piano roll, put on C3 short 1/32 notes
    • go to automation editor, draw line from zero to max for knob which is mapped to sample start

now hit playback... try change project tempo - loop is still playing synced :-))
    Timestretching without real timestretching :-)))

• @dendy
    thank you for the explanation, I’ll test this tomorrow !