FR: Sample "Save As" should default to Project folder

edited January 2019 in Support

The need for this will go way down when we have audio tracks, but for now, my work around is to record samples into Slate using the audio recorder. But when I go to "Save As" the sample, it always defaults to the Library folder when I want the sample to go into the Project folder. That's an extra 3 clicks for every sample save. Not insurmountable for sure, but a bit of a workflow drag when you're trying to lay down a lot of parts.

I think it doesn't even need an explicit "setting" - just remember the folder where the last save was completed and default to that for the next one.

Comments

• edited January 2019

@JimHanks said:
    I think it doesn't even need an explicit "setting" - just remember the folder where the last save was completed and default to that for the next one.

This exactly ! Ideally save this information with project file, so every project would remember own "last save directory"

Btw this is funny, i was thinking exactly about this today, i even wrote about this to matt half hour before i read this your post :-)))

• Should be “last saved to” and “last opened from” right? Also, if possible scrolled to the last used file?

• I'd be fine with that, but "last saved to" would be enough for my purposes