Nanostudio 2 Songs Megathread

Comments

• My first post here! Great app. Great community.
    This is also my first NS2 song. Enjoy :-)

• @UncleBen great tune! The clarity of the different textures in the mix is spot on. You featured those sounds very well. Excellent work! :)

• Thanx @drez ! Glad you liked it =)

• @Will That sounds massive! Just goes to show that you don’t need tons of tracks to make a great piece of music.

@UncleBen That was really intricate and very melodic. Lovely chords and lead lines over the top, without ever getting overcrowded. Keep them coming!

• edited January 2019

A new slice of Deep House for 2019!
    All internal.

• @LeeB Much encouraging feedback. Greatly appreciated!
    I really enjoyed listening to your Deep House track. Inspiring and soothing at the same time. Like a hot bath for the mind. Well done!

• @UncleBen said:
    @LeeB Much encouraging feedback. Greatly appreciated!
    I really enjoyed listening to your Deep House track. Inspiring and soothing at the same time. Like a hot bath for the mind. Well done!

Thanks for checking it out 👍🏼

• edited January 2019

A few projects I’ve made so far

• @JaeLaRedd that is some super smooth music! Mix is great and I love the trippiness of those pad choices. But my fav is the drums on the second one. Silky groove. Excellent stuff!

• @drez said:
    @JaeLaRedd that is some super smooth music! Mix is great and I love the trippiness of those pad choices. But my fav is the drums on the second one. Silky groove. Excellent stuff!

Thank you sir

• edited January 2019

@JaeLaRedd Like @drez said, very smooth, very very nice to listen .. It made me moving to the rhythm during listening ! :+1::+1:

@LeeB oo i like your style sooo much :+1: .. i have to download your few latest tunes from youtube to add them to my everyday playlist . .sooo deep :)

• Really good tracks guys! Takes a bit of time to keep up with listening to the output on this thread, but I’ve been enjoying the diverse creative tracks. Nice to see/hear what other people are doing with NS2. Keep up the good work!

• @JaeLaRedd nice tracks mate. Good to see you using a couple of my patches, Big rig lead and quilted keys 👍🏼

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Will said:
    Some slow, sparse, space out music created with a single instance of Obsidian. Uses two FM oscillators, automation, a ton of built-in effects and tempo changes (for good, cough, measure).

Project archive can be grabbed from Dropbox. Selfishly, my brain/heart really wants to hear a @JohnnyGoodyear / @3sleeves / @nkdvkng collab mutilating this as source material.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lnany5ttxc03y9/That dot below the moons.nsa?dl=0

Yes. Very good. Problem here is the auto-suggestion of the title. Because you mentioned the word 'moon' to my brain I was already feeling a certain subset and then within seconds I was easily hearing an alternative Sam Rockwell monologue, just the slightest bit tinny, from an outtake from the film that was never seen....I don't think Sam lives in Austin, but if I see him downtown today I'm going to ask him if he'd do a reading for us....

@Will Very nice! Definitely gonna grab the "nsp" and peek inside.

@JohnnyGoodyear Love that movie! One of my faves. Directed by son of Bowie.

• edited January 2019

@SlapHappy said:
    Really good tracks guys! Takes a bit of time to keep up with listening to the output on this thread, but I’ve been enjoying the diverse creative tracks. Nice to see/hear what other people are doing with NS2. Keep up the good work!

Indeed. These mega-threads don't work well with my brain as I tend to get overloaded/overwhelmed quickly. Same as the big single songs thread on the old NS1 forum, honestly. And same as those 10-50+ page AB megathreads. I have no idea what's going with, say, GrooveRider or Electribe Wave because my wee brain crumbles at the thought of even opening those threads!

I'd prefer to have a "NS Creations" category with a single post per creation but understand that others prefer the opposite.

That category would also house Obsidian patches, Slate kits, shared templates, etc...

• @Will
    I'd prefer to have a "NS Creations" category with a single post per creation but understand that others prefer the opposite.

I'm all in !! Can we create new category or just Matt have rights for this ?

• @dendy said:

@Will

Will add it to my TODO list unless enough other folks feel strongly about not adding a "NS Creations" category.

• @Will said:

@dendy said:

@Will

Will add it to my TODO list unless enough other folks feel strongly about not adding a "NS Creations" category.

I likes it

• @drez said:
    @UncleBen great tune! The clarity of the different textures in the mix is spot on. You featured those sounds very well. Excellent work! :)

Very much what Drez said.

@JaeLaRedd "The groove is strong with this one" - Yoda

@LeeB Fucking tremendous work. Sounds, groove, mix, general feel, just... damn.

• @Will said:

@SlapHappy said:
    Really good tracks guys! Takes a bit of time to keep up with listening to the output on this thread, but I’ve been enjoying the diverse creative tracks. Nice to see/hear what other people are doing with NS2. Keep up the good work!

Indeed. These mega-threads don't work well with my brain as I tend to get overloaded/overwhelmed quickly. Same as the big single songs thread on the old NS1 forum, honestly. And same as those 10-50+ page AB megathreads. I have no idea what's going with, say, GrooveRider or Electribe Wave because my wee brain crumbles at the thought of even opening those threads!

That category would also house Obsidian patches, Slate kits, shared templates, etc...

So we can have both megathreads and categories. Awesome.

• Hi guys, just come back after few weeks as I been bloody busy and there so much new stuff. Wow, spend good time listening your tunes people and also bring here something from me to add to collection, hope you will enjoy it :D it’s all made with nanostudio only

Btw happy new year to all :)

• My first post on this forum, and my first track created using NS2. As a long term NS1 user, including many live performances using NS1 as my lead instrument, I’m so excited about he possibilities NS2 offers. I also want to thank Matt for the effort he’s put into this. Pretty much a run through of the stock patches, plus some stuff from one of the Industrial packs, and an instance of Spacecraft for the background arp.

• @Cray23 great track and nice to see/hear user patches.
    @CitizenX nicely chilled track! Welcome back to the forum. The Long Wait is over.

• @CitizenX really great tune :heart: !

• My first track in NS2. (I don't pretend to have made anything special...) Only using NS2 stuff, no AU or whatever.

• @Devvy, lovin' it, mate! Has a both a JMJ and Vangelis vibe and sound to it. Very nice!

• @CitizenX lovely tune will listen to that again before sleep.
    @Devvy pretty much what sch wrote, very clean mix. Nice
    Big up guys, all this variety of nice music in here, Matt should do something like soundcloud or reverbnation himself all this track could be great start plus we would made and will made more for him:DDD

• @SlapHappy thanks for feedback, I love to make my sounds so I barely use any presets at all but that piano was actually factory one sample piano preset:) why reinvent wheel :DDD

• @LeeB said:
    A new slice of Deep House for 2019!
    All internal.

That sounds very polished, great tune and yeah ohh acid :)

This discussion has been closed.