inter appAudio feature request

edited January 2019 in Support

Dear blip interactive Would it be possible to have inter app Audio support for nanostudio 2 in feature updates? I know I’ve asked this before Im sorry for asking Again

Comments

• @Jonavinwine said:
    Dear blip interactive Would it be possible to have inter app Audio support for nanostudio 2 in feature updates? I know I’ve asked this before Im sorry for asking Again

• Can't speak for Matt but pretty sure this ain't gonna happen (based on older posts anyway). There was talk of basic Audiobus support though would should at least allow for basic audio integration with IAAs. :+1:

• edited January 2019

Sore subject. Really wish matt would reconsider. Especially in light of the fact that although ‘some’ of the IAA apps are slowly being converted to AU, often the au version is a limited/simplified version of the real app. I hate IAA. But it exists and it’s a weird decision to totally ignore it and suggest all other devs to bust their ass just to accommodate NS2. I’m definitely not going to be buying AB just to be able to use IAA in ns2. All other iOS daws provide this functionality internally. Lame...

• edited January 2019

@Jonavinwine

Like @Will said, for now Matt decided to not implement IAA. Basic AB support is on the way, so there will be possible to get non-AU synths audio into NS2 (and record it to sampler - Obsidian or Slate). Not ideal, but working solution.

There are users who supports decision to drop IAA, there are some who do not. Because Blip Interactive is just one man company, sources are limited and simply some unpopular choices needs to be made - some features needs to be pushed to bottom of todo list, some features needs to be pushed completely out of todo list - just to be able to add other ones which are requested too (like iPhone compatibilit, audio tracks, AUfx automation and improved AUfx UI, AudioBUS I/O and other stuff requested by many many users). Matt's highest priority is to make satisfied as much users as possbile, but sadly to make satisfied all is simply impossible ..

I really hope IAA is not showstopper for you and you are enjoying all other great things which already are available in NS2 or which would be added soon ;-)

• @dendy said:
    @Jonavinwine

Like @Will said, for now Matt decided to not implement IAA. Basic AB support is on the way, so there will be possible to get non-AU synths audio into NS2 (and record it to sampler - Obsidian or Slate). Not ideal, but working solution.

There are users who supports decision to drop IAA, there are some who do not. Because Blip Interactive is just one man company, sources are limited and simply some unpopular choices needs to be made - some features needs to be pushed to bottom of todo list, some features needs to be pushed completely out of todo list - just to be able to add other ones which are requested too (like iPhone compatibilit, audio tracks, AUfx automation and improved AUfx UI, AudioBUS I/O and other stuff requested by many many users). Matt's highest priority is to make satisfied as much users as possbile, but sadly to make satisfied all is simply impossible ..

I really hope IAA is not showstopper for you and you are enjoying all other great things which already are available in NS2 or which would be added soon ;-)

Seems like potentially Matt just isn’t going to have the resources to compete with other daws that aren’t a ‘one man show’ and don’t have to weigh up their time allocation so carefully leading to these kind of omissions. Bummer cos there’s a lot of potential in ns2 foundations :(

• edited January 2019

This is not about competition. Competition is overrated in my opinion - there will be always enough space for many DAWs with different approaches because we all use different methods to express our creative ideas. All of them equally valid.

Thing is - every DAW have its pros and cons. Every single one. Also NS2, no exception. It's always on user to choose which fits better his workflow. It was always this way, not just on iOS, but also on desktop. I accepted this many years ago. Do not make mistake that i'm fanboy who see NS2 totaly perfect - i'm missing some features too, just i'm not talking about them because i see that even without my requests Matt has enough work for next few years. I use what's inside, because it fits my workflow and allows me to express most of my creative ideas, and hope that one day there will be space to fulfil some of my dreams too.. IF not, nothing bad happens, i guess i create meanwhile lot of music with NS.

• @dendy said:
    This is not about competition. Competition is overrated in my opinion - there will be always enough space for many DAWs with different approaches because we all use different methods to express our creative ideas. All of them equally valid.

Thing is - every DAW have its pros and cons. Every single one. Also NS2, no exception. It's always on user to choose which fits better his workflow. It was always this way, not just on iOS, but also on desktop. I accepted this many years ago. Do not make mistake that i'm fanboy who see NS2 totaly perfect - i'm missing some features too, just i'm not talking about them because i see that even without my requests Matt has enough work for next few years. I use what's inside, because it fits my workflow and allows me to express most of my creative ideas, and hope that one day there will be space to fulfil some of my dreams too.. IF not, nothing bad happens, i guess i create meanwhile lot of music with NS.

Genuinely happy for everyone that can use ns2 as their daw. It’s more stable than the alternatives (though yet to see if this is the case when the feature set allows for the same variables that exist elsewhere) and it’s cool that it’s working out for some folks.

It’s not ticking many boxes for me personally at the moment so I’d be dumb to invest much time in it as it seems like it’ll be a long road to where it would be more useful to me, while other daws themselves will/are also be progressing at the same time. Just not sure if it’ll ever reach the stage where ns2 isn’t playing catch up. One man team etc...If it does reach the front Runners then great, I’ll look at it for daw work then. If not then no big deal, plenty of other daws/tools and platforms available and everything is constantly evolving.

• edited January 2019

@flockz said:

@dendy said:

Genuinely happy for everyone that can use ns2 as their daw. It’s more stable than the alternatives (though yet to see if this is the case when the feature set allows for the same variables that exist elsewhere) and it’s cool that it’s working out for some folks.

It’s not ticking many boxes for me personally at the moment so I’d be dumb to invest much time in it as it seems like it’ll be a long road to where it would be more useful to me, while other daws themselves will/are also be progressing at the same time. Just not sure if it’ll ever reach the stage where ns2 isn’t playing catch up. One man team etc...If it does reach the front Runners then great, I’ll look at it for daw work then. If not then no big deal, plenty of other daws/tools and platforms available and everything is constantly evolving.

You wrote “so I’d be dumb to invest much time in it“

• ALBALB
    edited January 2019

(personal attack was here - dendy)

• edited January 2019

@ALB said:

@flockz said:

@dendy said:
    @Jonavinwine

Seems like potentially Matt just isn’t going to have the resources to compete with other daws that aren’t a ‘one man show’ and don’t have to weigh up their time allocation so carefully leading to these kind of omissions. Bummer cos there’s a lot of potential in ns2 foundations :(

Personal attack deleted by moderator .

Dumb AF assumption to make from a few online posts but yeah, maybe I am, to someone like you at least.

I don’t buy production tools in order to become part of a fan club or make friends or be charitable. I buy them to get shit done. And I’m only ever gonna use best tool I can for the job and keep an eye on what’s out there and what state it’s in. If that outlook makes me an asshole, or makes you feel you have to call me that, then it says more about you than me....

@dendy you cool with personal attacks on the forum?

• @User_Error said:

@flockz said:

@dendy said:

You wrote “so I’d be dumb to invest much time in it“

Dumb to invest Studio or portable production time. Yeah.

If I’m writing on a forum then I’m obviously not doing either of those things. Just killing minutes. Smartass...

• edited January 2019

@ALB said:

@flockz said:

@dendy said:
    @Jonavinwine

Personal attack deleted by moderator

Says it all > https://andrewbaron.bandcamp.com/releases

• edited January 2019

@flockz said:
    @dendy you cool with personal attacks on the forum?

No i'm not. I already had discussion with other user here. Looks this thread is toxic. Locking it.

TO ALL USERS: Please avoid personal attacks and offendings to other users just because of their opinions ! No matter how wrong you found opinion of other user, it is not reason to offend him ! Thanks for understanding, lets keep this forum nice place for discussing things in peacefull constructive atmosphere.

This discussion has been closed.