REAMP mixdowns timeout

Reamp seems to have major issues in mix-downs. It always ends up grinding to a halt for me. The more instances the quicker it happens. Seems to work fine in BM3.

Comments

• Hm can you please attach screenshots with exact settings you use ? I will try to reproduce it ..
    In last track i finished i used 3 or 4 instances of REAMP and never had any timeout during mixdown ..
    Which iPad model do you have ? Do you use latest iOS version ?

This is really strange issue with those mixdown timeouts ..

• I have a 2017 ipad with ios 12.1.1

I will do some more tests/screenshots etc later tonight (9am here, work/yawn)

• ok.. i will do some REAMP experiments meanwhile (7:30pm here ;))

• edited January 2019

Ok, did probably 30 exports with various mixdown settings (bit depth, sample rates, with/without tail) of project with 4 instances of Reamp, each one with different settings but each one basically all knobs tweaked in some way.

No single one freeze :-(

But i noticed sometimes at 24bit/96khz rendering of tail takes pretty long time (rendering while song loop takes for example 30 sec and rendering tail another 15 sec - but tail is not that long)

maybe try disable "render tail"
    option if it helps ?

• @dendy said:
    Ok, did probably 30 exports with various mixdown settings (bit depth, sample rates, with/without tail) of project with 4 instances of Reamp, each one with different settings but each one basically all knobs tweaked in some way.

No single one freeze :-(

But i noticed sometimes at 24bit/96khz rendering of tail takes pretty long time (rendering while song loop takes for example 30 sec and rendering tail another 15 sec - but tail is not that long)

maybe try disable "render tail"
    option if it helps ?

Render tail was off.

Anyway, I poked and prodded, deleted this and that and etc etc and now the original whole thing just exports at 2x speed like there was never a problem. Groan/sigh.

• glad that you solved your issue but i have sill bad feeling - it was just just moved aside but it would pop again in different project, i'm sure .. we need definitely somehow 100% reproduce this problem, i'm sure something is wrong somewhere ...