Old forum gone?!?

As it seems, the old forum is not just not reachable from the main page, it is completely gone!

I was reading a topic in another forum which referred to http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11615

But bammm, nothing left.

I do not think that is was needed or a good decision.
The old forum was full of interesting information and data and I would have expected it just to go into read-only mode, but I never expected it would vanish totally.

Any chance to fix this?

The world is full of links into the old forum!!!
Why destroy that needlessly?

:-O

Comments

• There’s a link to the wayback machine on one of the first threads on this forum, but unfortunately it hasn’t got all of the old forum, some is permanently lost. I feel your loss, I loved the old forum but I can also understand the reasoning behind shuttering it. For example, it wasn’t compliant with the new data protection laws and bringing it up to speed was not a trivial project. Also it was quite a lot of data and most of the external links were broken.

• yeah, GPRS was one of main issues, there was trust of serious troubles for Matt. EU laws are often bitch. We had a lot discussions about this and and we were trying to save it but it turned to be too much complicated - tume consuming in first place...

But we saved at least "ns1 songs thread" - i made parser who extracted all working yt/sc tracks links and is able to display them in nice sorted way - should we put it somewhere online, @Will ?

• I’ll second dendy to that. GPRS was an old technology and now we all have 4G.
    ...or...wait...

• oo fook, did i wrote GPRS instead of GDPR ?? Epic :lol:

• @Zupi said:
    I’ll second dendy to that. GPRS was an old technology and now we all have 4G.
    ...or...wait...

There was talk of porting it to Edge but in the end Bono nixed it.