How to create another drum track??

I’m not finding v2 to be nearly as intuitive as v1. I can’t even create another drum track? What am I missing here?

Comments

• edited January 2019

just do long press on [+] in bottom left area of sequencer - menu appears and there choose "Add Slate" .. you can add as much slates as you want :)

Btw very good idea is to check manual, is written very well - you can find it directly inside App or here :
    https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/index.html

Of course feel free to ask anything you want, lot of people is ready to help here !

• @madejust I had a bit of an issue at the beginning as well because I think I had NS1 muscle memory that made it challenging to find what I wanted. I was treating it like NS1. @dendy is correct the manual is outstanding and got me in the groove really quickly. Glad to have you in the community!

• Ah I did that but at the time didn’t realize the drum tracks were called slate. Then when I read the manual, I didn’t see the long press on the plus sign mentioned... I’ll be sure to read the manual more carefully.

There’s def a learning curve involved with this one. I took to v1 like a duck to water, but I am struggling a bit with this version.

Appreciate the quick help!

• NS2 is just as easy as NS1 only it’s laid out differently and is much, much deeper! Read the manual, watch the videos and read @dendy and other beta testers posts. There’s an awful lot there.

• @madejust said:
    Ah I did that but at the time didn’t realize the drum tracks were called slate. Then when I read the manual, I didn’t see the long press on the plus sign mentioned... I’ll be sure to read the manual more carefully.

There’s def a learning curve involved with this one. I took to v1 like a duck to water, but I am struggling a bit with this version.

Appreciate the quick help!

There's definitely a bit more of a curve as compared to NS1 (especially when it was first launched) because there are just a shit ton of additional features/possibilities. That said, once you get over the initial hump it's just as fast as the original. You'll get there!

• Actually, I find NS2 much quicker because it's already built to easily do all the slightly more advanced stuff that took many more steps in NS1, like group tracks: I only need to add effects to one channel instead of all if I want the same processing for many tracks. Routing midi from one channel to another is another really quick tool, and assigning LFOs and envelopes is just tap, tap, done!

Muscle memory takes a while but once you start learning all the double-taps, it just opens up. But yes, there is a curve and some things are not immediately apparent.

• yeah double taps are little miracle... super booster for workflow...

• @drez said:
    @madejust I had a bit of an issue at the beginning as well because I think I had NS1 muscle memory that made it challenging to find what I wanted. I was treating it like NS1. @dendy is correct the manual is outstanding and got me in the groove really quickly. Glad to have you in the community!

😆 glad you figured it out 😆