IAP Wishlist Thread

2»

Comments

• I'm still hoping for a world instruments pack (or packs) that cover(s) all of the various continents and countries around the world, or at least an SFZ player IAP that can handle all of the nuances of some of the more complex patches I have.

Problem is, I'm trying to create a Grecian-inspired EDM track, and Beathawk often loves to "forget" what patches I loaded, ADSR information, etc. This isn't an NS2 problem but an ongoing Beathawk problem that's been a thorn in my arse since 2016. Of course I could technically wait for audio tracks or even simply make use of Slate, but then the issue comes in where I like automating the BPM of a track (although that one solution for faux timestretching is pretty ripper).

Bottom line - I need world sounds. Celtic, Grecian, Japanese, Chinese, Balinese, Spanish, Polish, Brazilian, Ecuadorian, French...well you get the idea. I'd greatly appreciate it if the guy who built the first packs could build extensive world sound packs. Or point me to an AU rompler with the world sounds other than "forget me not" Beathawk. This would fill the gap quite nicely and get me back on track.

• @jwmmakerofmusic Is it feasible to use samples of Beathawk patches to create Obsidian sample patches?

• @SlapHappy said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic Is it feasible to use samples of Beathawk patches to create Obsidian sample patches?

I deleted Beathawk. Looks like I'll redownload it again, lol. Editing loop points in NS2 is a breeze with those handles - far simpler than I had anticipated. And do I detect some slight crossfading between the loop points in order to smooth clicking? :) It's pretty excellent I must confess.

• edited January 2019

@jwmmakerofmusic
    Editing loop points in NS2 is a breeze with those handles - far simpler than I had anticipated

yeah this is one of hidden (or not so obvious) features, but it is important to pointed at this one, to let know other people who think NS is weak with samples :) Far away from that, yes there are some missing feautures like non destructive slicing or non destructive start/end/loop points (which are on tasklist !) - but there is also lot a lot of goodness - some completely unique and not found in any othe iOS daw, like sample start automation ... Last days i'm heavily evaluating various sample based workflows and i'm pretty surprised how far i can go - definitely will use sampling more in my production, it opens some pretty interesting possibilities :)

• @dendy said:

@jwmmakerofmusic
    Editing loop points in NS2 is a breeze with those handles - far simpler than I had anticipated

yeah this is one of hidden (or not so obvious) features, but it is important to pointed at this one, to let know other people who think NS is weak with samples :) Far away from that, yes there are some missing feautures like non destructive slicing or non destructive start/end/loop points (which are on tasklist !) - but there is also lot a lot of goodness - some completely unique and not found in any othe iOS daw, like sample start automation ... Last days i'm heavily evaluating various sample based workflows and i'm pretty surprised how far i can go - definitely will use sampling more in my production, it opens some pretty interesting possibilities :)

Everytime I turn around, NS2 has something that surprises the hell out of me I never considered before. I dont mind the fact there are some missing non-destructive features, because the pros outweigh those minor cons. Sampling does take some time, but it takes far less time in NS2 than AudioLayer and Caustic and other such apps because of some micro crossfading between the start and end loop points that make the looping all the smoother. Matt is absolutely brilliant. Took me about 45 minutes to finish up this one sax patch from DSK, but only because it had three velocity layers, and guess what. That's less time than it took for me to try and do it in the AudioLayer standalone, and when that bloody thing wasn't crashing on me, it doesn't have the micro crossfading to facilitate easier-to-adjust loops (let alone handles!) Right, after 2-3 hours trying to fix up a single patch in AudioLayer, I just gave up. :lol: