[Native Plugin Request] Multiband compressor

edited January 2019 in General chat

I know the convolution reverb is coming as an IAP and super excited about that! Another idea for a plugin that would be really really helpful is a multiband compressor with 3 bands, complete with cross over settings and the ability to send sidechain input to each band. The ability to solo each band and toggle the band as active so you could use only 2 bands, for instance.

Sure you could have workarounds that don't exactly work right by sending one channel to 3 channels, do steep filters to them, but that really doesn't work right because it would have to be super steep to not get bleed over and have phasing problems. Plus, if you chose to change the frequency of the cutoff, you'd have to go to the other channels and adjust those filters. Not practical.

I'm not aware of any other iOS DAW with this functionality. The only multiband comp that's I've even seen on iOS is Bark by Virsyn and it doesn't have sidechain and its a CPU monster.

Anyway, its a wish.

Comments

• @drez said:
    Anyway, its a wish.

You are not alone.

Would also be fun to have multi-band splitter so that you could do weird stuff like three completely separate effects chains without the bleed and phasing issues you describe. Plus, just a heck of lot easier to set the splits in one plugin UI instead of shuffling back and forth between tracks.

• Agreed.
    This is one of the three things wich would make NS2 a desktop DAW replacement IMHO.
    The other two is M/S EQ and some basic percentage based timestretch.

• I know it’s expensive, but the Pro-Q2 has M/S. It is a stellar plugin.

• Yes, but it’s not in my range of price sadly. :) Thank you tho.

• @Tom said:
    Yes, but it’s not in my range of price sadly. :) Thank you tho.

I was about to make a Eurorack joke. Then I realized Tom !== @tom_tm. :)

Welcome to the forum, new Tom. :+1:

• @Will said:

@Tom said:
    Yes, but it’s not in my range of price sadly. :) Thank you tho.

I was about to make a Eurorack joke. Then I realized Tom !== @tom_tm. :)

Welcome to the forum, new Tom. :+1:

No, I’m another Tom :)

• edited January 2019

I half started a multiband compressor and then dropped it because the release date was falling so badly behind, but I'm hoping it'll still see the light of day at some point. Also got as far as thinking about an M/S EQ but ... well ... same story.

I'm mainly eager to get the convolution reverb out as all the DSP's complete, just the UI could do with some love. Not many convolution reverbs around on iOS at the moment and I had at least 12 instances of them running on an iPad Air 2 without CPU issues.

• @Blip Interactive said:
    Not many convolution reverbs around on iOS at the moment and I had at least 12 instances of them running on an iPad Air 2 without CPU issues.

• @Blip Interactive said:
    I half started a multiband compressor and then dropped it because the release date was falling so badly behind, but I'm hoping it'll still see the light of day at some point. Also got as far as thinking about an M/S EQ but ... well ... same story.

I'm mainly eager to get the convolution reverb out as all the DSP's complete, just the UI could do with some love. Not many convolution reverbs around on iOS at the moment and I had at least 12 instances of them running on an iPad Air 2 without CPU issues.

That would be glorious! Glad to see you are thinking of those feature additions. See, that’s why we want YOU to build them into NS2. Becasue CPU’s around the world love you :p