Ns2 on sale (33% off!)

If anyone has friends that have been on the fence about buying. Give em a shout before the deal ends.

Comments

• Uhhh Uhhh :o:o:o

That means, people will get pissed because they just paid the full price and also let's me fear that the sales of ns2 are not as good as expected.

To be honest, I expected ns2 never ever to go on sale.
    Going on sale just means that people will wait for month and years for the next sale.

There are enough Apps that never go on sale, this gives confidence in price and value.

• @tja said:
    Uhhh Uhhh :o:o:o

That means, people will get pissed because they just paid the full price and also let's me fear that the sales of ns2 are not as good as expected.

Going on sale just means that people will wait for month and years for the next sale.

There are enough Apps that never go on sale, this gives confidence in price and value.

Sales are sales. Plenty of other devs use them, even the big hitters like Moog etc. I don’t really see any problem with it.

• I doubt it’s a really significant sign of unforeseen poor sales. I would have thought Matt wasn’t expecting to sell masses of units. It’s not like ns1 era. A lot of people are settled in to other daws now. And No audio tracks is probably about as big a turn-off that a daw could have for a lot of people. He’s probably planning for slow and steady. There’ll probably be a sales boost after audio tracks.

• @flockz said:
    There’ll probably be a sales boost after audio tracks.

I think you're right.

• @tja said:
    Uhhh Uhhh :o:o:o

That means, people will get pissed because they just paid the full price

Unfortunate but probably true. Sad really. I’d happily have paid twice full price. And I have paid a whole lot more for PC DAWs, so I consider NS2 a steal at full price.

That would be my hope.

Good points.

• Beatmaker 3 if I remember, went for free not that long ago. I missed that one. Now I'm going to abstain from purchasing while I wait for that to happen again.

• I got BM3 when it was free, but I have never used it.

• This is why I didn't download it. But now I get asked the differences between the two (BM vs NS) and of course I don't know that answer because I don't own BM! But I absolutely hated BM2, just because its workflow was so bad.

• @tom_tm said:
    Beatmaker 3 if I remember, went for free not that long ago. I missed that one. Now I'm going to abstain from purchasing while I wait for that to happen again.

Well yeah, but if you don’t really want something then I’d suggest not buying it at all, not just buying it because it’s on sale ;) Too many toys and not enough hours in the day. Better to just buy/focus on things that excite you.

People that ‘really’ want Bm3 or ns2 are going to buy it whenever the urge hits them, whether it’s on sale or not...

• some very wise words from @flockz in this thread , i have to express my respect !

• @tom_tm said:
    This is why I didn't download it. But now I get asked the differences between the two (BM vs NS) and of course I don't know that answer because I don't own BM! But I absolutely hated BM2, just because its workflow was so bad.

I invested a lot of time and money (IAP's) into BM3. It has a lot of great features but I could never get around on it like I can on NS2 and some of the UI is just plain clunky. I couldn't see any point in continuing to use it. I would sell it if I could!

• i love Bm3. It’s an iOS powerhouse. Ns2 has different strengths (obsidian, track lanes etc). I’ll use either, depending on what I wanna do. Definite learning curve and new muscle memory involved in Bm3 though compared to most other daws that are basically all the same.

• @Cinebient said:
    A bit unexpected and maybe i´m worried in some ways but as we know it is hard in the iOS economy.
    In times where even U-he now (which really surprised me) get together with N.I. and sell some of their tools for 50% off (Diva, Repro) or even for 60% in a bundle (with their latest FX plug-ins on top) i wonder if the market is just dead.
    And they never did any sales.
    It seems in general that the times are over that people are willing to pay much for FX, synths or even a complete DAW. The market is just too saturated as well maybe.
    I just hope NS2 will do well and Matt got something back for all the blood and work.

Saturation is probably increasingly a factor. So many tools available and constantly released to make music with these days. People only really ‘need’ a handful. Takes them a while to find out what those are. But after that, purchases tend to be only stuff they see as being close to perfect. Or cheap.

• I think it’s just good timing based on good news...

Grab some more customers from the casual/impulse user pool that would never buy the app anyway. It’s the smart play, IMO.

• tjatja
    edited February 2019

I bought lots of FX stuff, both IAA and AU, but I never realy used them.
    I bought them on recommendation or hype.

But I am happy having bought the FabFilter plugins for Auria Pro.
    I got Q2, C2, L2, MB and R and even used them!

Many other such Apps were just wasted money, because I will most probably never use them, even if they are good.

I already deleted several.

• I’ve got enough apps now for what I want out of iOS. Just waiting for them all to work well together :/

• just for sake my sanity i don't even think about how much i spend on apps :)) First 6 years of my iOS music journey (started in beginning of 2011) i literally bought every new app released - just last year started to control myself a bit :lol: - still i own every single daw which exists, most of synths and FX apps too :)) Including Gadget with full load of all IAPs (and did one single track in Gadget) :lol::lol: What to say, addict.

But my current audio apps collection is just this. Regarding any new app - i would buy it just in case it would have something which i'm really missing in my production process (which is currently just some good multiband overdrive/distortion - loking for FabFilter Saturn AUv3 :)))

note: that other two items in "DAW" folders are just for testing of bugreports of AU plugins in NS - do not use them for anything in my production process :))

• Lol. We know you don’t use Bm3 dude. Message received loud and clear now ;)

• edited February 2019

:lol::lol:

And yesterday there was installed even Auria and Audio Evolution Mobile !!

• @dendy @flockz

You're both talking shit! Haha! I change my mind so often, that one week when I think an app is pants, the next week I'll be singing it's praises!

But I've always been loyal to Nanostudio over Beatmaker, and that's the main difference. I've been using iOS ever since owning the very first ever iPhone 3 and of course I had an app in the appstore that was a ring modulator. I have literally hundreds of apps. But recently I stopped getting them because it's getting ridiculous now. And many of them don't work any longer. Some are no longer supported- like the brilliant Samplr. Shame.

• @tom_tm said:
    @dendy @flockz

You're both talking shit! Haha! I change my mind so often, that one week when I think an app is pants, the next week I'll be singing it's praises!

But I've always been loyal to Nanostudio over Beatmaker, and that's the main difference. I've been using iOS ever since owning the very first ever iPhone 3 and of course I had an app in the appstore that was a ring modulator. I have literally hundreds of apps. But recently I stopped getting them because it's getting ridiculous now. And many of them don't work any longer. Some are no longer supported- like the brilliant Samplr. Shame.

Haha :) I’m mainly desktop so I always had pretty strong ‘iOS impulse purchase’ defence system cos my main focus is elsewhere. And even before I got an iPad I was already in ‘damn, I have too much software to ever totally learn/utilise it all’ mode. If something doesnt blow me away or clearly tick a box for me then I rarely get sucked in. Took a lot of years for me to feel like that tho ;) Before that I was in ‘gimme,gimme,gimme!!’ mode.... A lot of money/time lost :/

• edited February 2019

@flockz said:
    Lol. We know you don’t use Bm3 dude. Message received loud and clear now ;)

The big twist will be when we find out he was really 5pinlink all along.

• @Audiogus - that GIF, isn't that from the film 'The Usual Suspects'?

@flockz, yep I know that feeling. If I had a stupid income (which I don't) my wife would have filed a divorce with me by now for buying too much stuff I'd never use. I mean it's pretty bad already... But with dispensable income, I'd be a no-hope'r!

• edited February 2019

@Audiogus said:
    The big twist will be when we find out he was really 5pinlink all along.

No, i swear i'm not a fan of turntablism .... :trollface:

• @tja said:
    I bought lots of FX stuff, both IAA and AU, but I never realy used them.
    I bought them on recommendation or hype.

But I am happy having bought the FabFilter plugins for Auria Pro.
    I got Q2, C2, L2, MB and R and even used them!

Many other such Apps were just wasted money, because I will most probably never use them, even if they are good.

I already deleted several.

Wow, I’m a minimalist compared to you and @dendy ! Of these I actively use maybe three or four.

• tjatja
    edited February 2019

@Stiksi You wanted it :);)B)

That's my Synths.
    Please note, that folder starting with "n-" have more than one page.

And that's my main Apps.

• tjatja
    edited February 2019

@dendy said:

:open_mouth:

Don't worry, 4 pages full of games... that I never have time to play but collected for the future.
    Yes, full of folders too =)B)

• Dayumn son! 👍

• edited February 2019

4 pages full of games

aah games... spend some time this way :-)) Modern Combat 1-5, N.O.V.A. 1-3, Brothers in Arma 1-3, Galaxy on Fire 1-3