Automation of AUv3 instruments

Hi,
This is my first post here. I am new user of Nanostudio 2, but have some 20+ years experience with PC Daws. My question is whether it is possible to automate not only first 8 knobs of AUv3 instrument but choose the set from the whole list the instrument actually has . If not is it the planned feature?

Best,
Jakub

Comments

• edited February 2019

you can change macros mapping to different parameters if that is what you're asking :-) Your're definitely not stucked with default knob mappings.

Just tap that "hamburger icon" (three horizontal lines in top right corner of macro screen) - all macros turns to coloured mode with number on it..

now tap macro you want to change to
    control different param, choose from list of all available params on right side.

you can also save all macro mappings for each particular plugin, so you don't need remap it again and again - just tap hamburger icon, tap any macro (like if you are going to change it's mapped parameter).

Now instead of changing mapped parameter at right side, scroll down in left list to "all macros" item. Select that item and then on right side tap "Save default mapping"

Now, every time you load that particular plugin, it will automatically start with your predefined mapping.

• Ok, i have found the answer. The "hamburger" on the AU instrument panel allows to choose 8 macro controls (and XY pad assignment) from the list of all AUv3 parameters.

• @dendy said:
    you can change macros mappimg to different parameters if that is what you're asking :-) Your're definitely not stucked with default knob mappings.

Just tap that "hamburger icon" (three horizontal lines in top right corner of macro screen) - all macros turns to coloured mode with number on it..

now tap macro you want to change to
    control different param, choose from list of all awailable params on right side.

you can also save all macro mappings for each particular plugin, so you don't need remap it again and again - jus tap hamburger icon, tap any macro like if you are going to change it's mapped parameter. Now instead of changing parameter at rught side, scroll down in left list to "all macros" item. Select that item and then on rigjt side tap "Save default mapping"

Now, everytime you load that particular plugin, it will automatically start with your predefined mapping.

Big thanks, I've just found it...