Hold

Hi I wondered if anyone had tried to use the midi effect midi tool latch by Victor Porof? Really would like this feature and it works with Cubasis and BeatMaker but not Nano studio 2.

Or any other simple way of holding a note. As NanoStudio 2 is not working in AUM which has a hold feature
on the keyboard I am a bit stumped! Any advice welcome thanks! Other midi effects working fine.

Comments

• edited February 2019

This set of tools currently doesn't work in NS2 but there will be very soon NS update which will fix it.

Or any other simple way of holding a note.

You mean sustain functionality ? It was already disussed in other thread - yes sustain pedal support is on todo list.

For Obsidian there is some workaround using mapping "sustain midi cc" (in mixer track midi controller mappings page) into some obsidian macro knob, which is then mapped to AMP envelope release parameter ..

Proper "sustain pedal" support will be added later ..

• Hi was meaning a way to hold the note indefinitely so then you can play around with perameters without pressing a key on the keyboard - so glad a further update will sort the midi effects. Not bothered too much about sustain though that is good too!! Thanks

• edited February 2019

@iklooshar

for this purpose maybe it helps if you just to set AMP RELEASE to "infinity" (i use exactly this :)) ...

in this case it works exactly this way - you play note and then amp envelope stays in "sustain" mode forever (until you don't change release back to smaller value)

you can map macro knob to AMP release (actually most of factory patches have macro 2 mapped to release, so just open settings of this macro knob and increase amount to 100)

of course this is related just to Obsidian

hope it helps ;) Anyway, as i said, all midi plugins will work properly from next update ...

• Thanks for feedback I did try but when I take my finger off the note on the keyboard the note does fade out even with amp release at 100% and set to infinity ? Not sure if I am understanding perhaps..

• @iklooshar said:
    Thanks for feedback I did try but when I take my finger off the note on the keyboard the note does fade out even with amp release at 100% and set to infinity ? Not sure if I am understanding perhaps..

Might be because the Macro 2 is setting AMP RELEASE as well. Try removing that or setting it to 100%.

• Yes it does work! Was trying some patches that didn’t - FAB thanks!

• I'm probably being Captain Obvious here but you can also put in a really long sequencer note. If you put it on another MIDI track pointed at the synth you can use the Instrument Switcher to quickly mute and unmute it.

• Thanks I like that too! I suppose I just like to compose using the hold on and off to sustain notes and develop different length evolving chords live over a beat and it sounds like this will soon be available through the midi effect latch.