Please recommend me an iOS compatible USB MIDI interface

Hi all

I can already use a controller with Nanostudio with a thunderbolt to USB adapter. But I also want to use a different iOS app to generate a MIDI clock. I've found one which supports Core MIDI, but I can't find an interface which conclusively states that it supports Core MIDI, apart from the iRig stuff which is quite expensive. I want a cheap, basic USB MIDI output that can just spit out the clock to a MIDI splitter to other devices. Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• One of those cheapo USB<-->5 Din MIDI cables should do it. Can find them on Amazon.

• Oh, would a generic one do the trick? I had been assuming the cheaper ones wouldn't support Core MIDI so wouldn't work with an iPad. I have found several cheap ones on Amazon. I've got Prime so maybe I should just give one of them a try.

• Well the cheap USB MIDI adapter I bought arrived today, and it works perfectly! I used it with a free iOS app called Arpist which, among other things, generates a MIDI clock. I ran it through a MIDI splitter and fed it to my Microbrute and Volca Sample, and it worked perfectly. Hopefully Nanostudio will add MIDI clock generation soon!

• Nice. Glad it worked. They usually work fine (can even use multiple via USB Hub) unless you need to do sysex work. Some probably work fine for that too but I've heard enough sad songs about it that I've not even tried. I use a regular interface for that stuff.

• Thanks man! My stuff is all analogue so I don't think I'll need to worry about sysex, but it's good to know that could be an issue if I get anything which utilises it in the future :)

• Iconnectivity audio4+ its epic, ive recomended it enough I should be hired by them. Its not cheap but you get what you pay for here.

• @Cyp3 said:
    Iconnectivity audio4+ its epic, ive recomended it enough I should be hired by them. Its not cheap but you get what you pay for here.

That's what I use. Works really well for my needs. That config app though... holy groan!

• Oh yeah that config app yeah I shoulda mentioned that sucked, that really wasnt fun, I hope that is backed up somwhere !