Copy and Paste in the text editors?

Is it possible to copy and paste into any of the text fields? I don't seem to be able to do it. Would be quite useful when naming multiple Slate pads for example, or as has already been pointed out, to paste lyrics into the Project Notes section.

Comments

• Looks like the copy / paste function is only internal to NS and not the iOS copy/paste stuff. Bummer.

• edited February 2019

hm, should i go to basement to beat Matt ??

• T4HT4H
    edited February 2019

Story of my life right now, I wrote extensively about this problem in another thread

• edited February 2019

@dendy said:
    hm, should i go to basement to beat Matt ??

We should really get autobeat to do that.

Edit: ok, this is getting way dark, now I'm starting to feel bad for fictional Matt in the basement.

• We should really get autobeat to do that.
    Edit: ok, this is getting way dark, now I'm starting to feel bad for fictional Matt in the basement.

:lol::lol::lol:

• @dendy said:

We should really get autobeat to do that.

:lol::lol::lol:

No way. Don’t feel bad. He has all sorts of crazy hardware in that basement. Dr Funkenstein would be jealous.

• sorts of crazy hardware in that basement.

For example autobeat(ing) machine which @Stiksi mentione :trollface:

• He’s just too busy for self-flagellation.

• It would be nice if when renaming a pad in Slate the current pad name was loaded in the text box. As it is you have to re-type any part of the pad name you want to keep which can get tedious if you’re doing a bunch of them.

• @anickt in a similar way to how Apple Numbers/Excel works? ie, write a name, say 'conga', then each and every time you start a writing a word starting with the letter 'c', 'conga' appears in a list? It's a really good idea, although I think you'd only want it to apply for individual projects, and not every project you've ever worked on in NS, otherwise the list would get really crazy.

• @tom_tm said:
    @anickt in a similar way to how Apple Numbers/Excel works? ie, write a name, say 'conga', then each and every time you start a writing a word starting with the letter 'c', 'conga' appears in a list? It's a really good idea, although I think you'd only want it to apply for individual projects, and not every project you've ever worked on in NS, otherwise the list would get really crazy.

Not thinking of that actually.

What I mean is when you rename a pad it shows a ghost of the current pad name but there is no actual text there as is the case in other instances where you are saving something. If I dupe a pad so I can have two different versions of the same sample, I might want the full pad name retained with an addition such as “Big Crash Cymbal” and a reversed copy “Big Crash Cymbal Rev”. As it works now I have to type in the whole thing rather than just add “Rev” to existing text. A simple thing but would be helpful when building kits.

I think predictive text would get annoying to be honest.

• +1 for this small conevience feature
    -1 for predictive text

• @SlapHappy said:
    +1 for this small conevience feature
    -1 for predictive text

But predictive text for song names would be a pretty good dada name generator!

• @Stiksi said:

@SlapHappy said:
    +1 for this small conevience feature
    -1 for predictive text

But predictive text for song names would be a pretty good dada name generator!

That will come with the Predictive Lyric Generator update, which will also include the CPH button (Create Pop Hit) and the YVV (YouTube Viral Video) generator. I can’t make music without these features.

• @SlapHappy said:
    That will come with the Predictive Lyric Generator update, which will also include the CPH button (Create Pop Hit) and the YVV (YouTube Viral Video) generator. I can’t make music without these features.

I’m pretty sure I covered CPH when I bought a pop-filter. (Ba-ching) :D

• But without the PLG, how will you know what to sing...?

• @SlapHappy said:
    But without the PLG, how will you know what to sing...?

I’ll just do black metal, that’s pop, right? 👻🐼⛄️