Nanostudio 2 Songs Megathread

edited May 2019 in Creations

Second reincarnation of songs megathread from NS1 forums :)

Post all your creations here.

Comments

• edited December 2018

i'll start with this, midi file imported to NS2, just few edits, rearranged some details, added some minor stuff

https://www.soundcloud.com/ray_subject/ray-subject-popcorn-more

• This is going to be my favourite thread. Always a delight and a surprise hearing someone using my work to create their work.

• Not long before NS2 release Atticus challenged me to come up with a 30 second jingle using the FM synth for bells.... Well, there's a great bell preset in there but I mixed it up anyway just to see what I could come up with, added a gently kick and some sort of horns to try to make it all sound like a real bell tower. I'm learning!
    No AUs or samples used apart from included drum kit.

https://soundcloud.com/triggerthemonkey/the-bells

• edited December 2018

Yeah man, it's got FM bells, a Christmassy picture and zero to no chance of topping the charts. I like it.

• Less than zero chance of topping any charts anywhere!

• edited December 2018

That would be nice... if you found some good Vanilla Forums plugin which will be useable, i don't see reason why to nid add it !

Btw i like your minitune :-) During listeng i almost saw insane Santa, with mad smile, playing on bells being closed in mental hospital :-))))

• Here’s one I just finished.

If anybody has any ideas on how to get more volume out of the main out, please let me know. I used a limiter and compression and eq. I couldn’t quite get the lève,s I wanted without running into clipping issues, though.

• Sometimes a little overdrive works better than a compressor to smooth peaks, but it’s a case of personal preference.

• @Stiksi said:
    Sometimes a little overdrive works better than a compressor to smooth peaks, but it’s a case of personal preference.

I was trying for as much clean headroom as I could get. But I suppose putting overdrive ahead of the compressor wouldn’t hurt, as long as I’m careful. Thanks for the heads-up!

• Haha, if I’m known for anything, it’s not clean or headroom. But if you really want clean headroom, you can export at 32 bit float.

• Here’s another. Again, my mix needs work.

• @Stiksi said:
    Haha, if I’m known for anything, it’s not clean or headroom. But if you really want clean headroom, you can export at 32 bit float.

😄
    One of my favorite fx apps is re-1 tape emulator. It gives some crazy tape saturation, which I love, so I understand a bit where you’re coming from.
    I won’t always be going for « clean »....or even decent, for that matter.

• @Trigger_the_Monkey said:
    No AUs or samples used apart from included drum kit.

https://soundcloud.com/triggerthemonkey/the-bells

It certainly has an evolutionary element...
    I can’t decide if it’s cheery or creepy...

• If anybody has any ideas on how to get more volume out of the main out, please let me know. I used a limiter and compression and eq. I couldn’t quite get the lève,s I wanted without running into clipping issues, though.

Staging two limiters in series and letting each one do half the work (with different settings) can sometimes get results.

Also, if you don't want the limiting to be too obvious then try using a longer attack. Then it won't trigger so much on fast transients and will brickwall clip them instead (which you should be able to get away with provided that they're fast).

• sometimes you need go step back to mixing stage and adjust volumes / equalize individual
    track to get better balanced mix... often if there is something wrong in mix (too loud bass for example), limiter on master just makes things worse

• @Blip Interactive said:

If anybody has any ideas on how to get more volume out of the main out, please let me know. I used a limiter and compression and eq. I couldn’t quite get the lève,s I wanted without running into clipping issues, though.

Staging two limiters in series and letting each one do half the work (with different settings) can sometimes get results.

Also, if you don't want the limiting to be too obvious then try using a longer attack. Then it won't trigger so much on fast transients and will brickwall clip them instead (which you should be able to get away with provided that they're fast).

Thanks for the tip! As an additional note, it’s the fact that you give personal responses that sets Nanostudio even farther apart from the competition.

• Alright, here's a simple orchestral track I made a week ago that features sounds from the Acoustic IAPs. Note that only the short use of pizzicato was from another app (I got stuck on the sound of it).

• Nice work!

• Made this on day one and a halfish. I have another one i finished today that I’m uploading tomorrow on my Beatstars Page, SoundCloud and YouTube.

I used some of the HipHopTrap Vol1 pack and the Factory sounds. Love me some NS2.

https://bsta.rs/8n4540

• @nkdvkng I’ve only listened through my iPhone speaker, but that sounds awesome 😎
    I think you may have used my ‘steel feel’ Patch too 👍🏼

• Dope beat dude!
    Hangin’ 10!

• edited December 2018

@nkdvkng said:

Made this on day one and a halfish. I have another one i finished today that I’m uploading tomorrow on my Beatstars Page, SoundCloud and YouTube.

I used some of the HipHopTrap Vol1 pack and the Factory sounds. Love me some NS2.

Be sure you get your comission for the hiphoptrap vol1 you just sold/I just bought. :)

• edited December 2018

@nkdvkng dope tune !! :+1:

@SlapHappy also good one !

• A bit of Deep Minimal House from me

• Man, these are all solid tracks, you guys are awesome!
    So much talent and variety in this forum, this thread is gonna be fun to watch!

Here’s my first contribution, made with factory and custom presets, no AUv3 plugins, 10 Obsidians and 3 Slates (CPU only hit 31% on 2nd gen iPad Pro😆).

• Haha yep. Steel feel in full effect

@LeeB said:
    @nkdvkng I’ve only listened through my iPhone speaker, but that sounds awesome 😎
    I think you may have used my ‘steel feel’ Patch too 👍🏼

• Thanks so much! 😁

@SlapHappy said:
    Dope beat dude!
    Hangin’ 10!

• Lolol thx :)

@Blip Interactive @StevePAL 🙈🤓🤣

@Audiogus said:

@nkdvkng said:

Made this on day one and a halfish. I have another one i finished today that I’m uploading tomorrow on my Beatstars Page, SoundCloud and YouTube.

Be sure you get your comission for the hiphoptrap vol1 you just sold/I just bought. :)

• edited December 2018

Here one made few months ago during beta .. some kind of old-school german rave inspired by projects like RMB or Raver's Nature which were famous in '90s

Btw that piano is factory preset "One sample piano" :-)

• @3sleeves said:
    Man, these are all solid tracks, you guys are awesome!
    So much talent and variety in this forum, this thread is gonna be fun to watch!

Here’s my first contribution, made with factory and custom presets, no AUv3 plugins, 10 Obsidians and 3 Slates (CPU only hit 31% on 2nd gen iPad Pro😆).

Such chill viiiiibes :)

This discussion has been closed.