Nanostudio 2 Songs Megathread

Comments

• Thanks @stringerrrrr I appreciate it! Those two new tracks you posted are both wonderfully dark and totally different. I especially liked the second one, which would fit right in the after hours in the foggy room of a club.

• @stringerrrrr

A12 & A14 :heart::+1:

Really great job !! This is style whih i really like !!

Just curious - how much internal NS2 stuff vs. AUv3 stuff is used in thise tracks ?

• edited April 2019

@Stiksi said:
    Thanks @stringerrrrr I appreciate it! Those two new tracks you posted are both wonderfully dark and totally different. I especially liked the second one, which would fit right in the after hours in the foggy room of a club.

Exactly what I was going for! Definitely been moving more towards this sound recently - I really enjoy producing stuff like this and I listen to a lot like it anyway, for inspiration.

@dendy said:
    @stringerrrrr

A12 & A14 :heart::+1:

Really great job !! This is style whih i really like !!

Just curious - how much internal NS2 stuff vs. AUv3 stuff is used in thise tracks ?

Fair amount of AUs, there are some killer synths that do things you just can't in Obsidian. I mostly use Slate, Axon, or Ruismaker Noir for drums. I really love the sound and flexibility of FM drums, and while I could get some decent individual drums in Obsidian the sequencers in those AUs really makes them shine. Axon is seriously a beast for hats and cymbals. Oh and Synthdrum Kick is mental for harder kicks, really woofer-bursting stuff.

Synth wise I use a lot of Zeeon for bases (in A11 and A14 all the bases are Zeeon) and Quanta or Phosphor for pads. Zeeon just sounds amazing whatever you do with it and I love playing around with granular synthesis. The stuttering vocal pad in A14 used quanta with a sample of my partner speaking, with Replicant thrown on top for some trippy stuttering. I also sample my guitar sometimes for some cool drones in Quanta. Pitching up/down a few octaves totally changed the sound, really cool. Leads I'll probably use Obsidian or Zeeon for.

Thanks for the comment! I think I'm going to work a few tracks like this into an EP over the next couple of months, hopefully!

• Ive just gone through the last ten pages of music here and it is very impressive. Love the dark, bass heavy, club and alternative sounds here. You guys should have a channel/radio station somewhere cos this stuff rocks :)
    (When I get past my usual 4bar sticking point Ill be posting but Im quite happy just listening)
    And as well as the music the advice is really good and useful too. Be proud! Very nice open community. NS2 Yeah!

• @Stiksi said:
    Here's a little 1 minute downtempo dance track I made for an IG video. Made good use of @Zupi 's FM Square Arp bell patch, Analog Bass sound and ShimmerFX.

Hey! Glad to hear. Clean, catchy and mainstream. Had to open NS and find them to ensure =) they were the same because of the bad sound quality it suffers from compression.

• edited April 2019

Another one targeted at the IG video limit of 1 minute, this one is more progressive. I've pimped out the Back Alley Band kit pretty far and it's now my default kit. I've looped the track twice, so it's a bit more enjoyable to listen to without the video. It's not EXACTLY the same the second time but very few notes were harmed.

EDIT: I replaced the original track because I slapped on some last minute vocals :D …and again because I f***ed up some volume automation. Stay tuned, we may have a winner here!

@Zupi said:

@Stiksi said:
    Here's a little 1 minute downtempo dance track I made for an IG video. Made good use of @Zupi 's FM Square Arp bell patch, Analog Bass sound and ShimmerFX.

Hey! Glad to hear. Clean, catchy and mainstream. Had to open NS and find them to ensure =) they were the same because of the bad sound quality it suffers from compression.

I'm glad you used those words, because I was aiming for "harmless but professional sounding". Yeah, the bell sounds like it has a bit crusher on it. I'm so used to it I don't mind (IG compression is far worse) but I can understand how it must sound to you :D

• edited April 2019

• edited April 2019

New track, my first "full production" on Nanostudio 2, which means that I composed in NS2 and exported stems to Ableton Live for mixing and mangling. Most of this is stock NS2 but I doubled some instruments with similar ones in Ableton. I really like this workflow, for me it's faster than starting in Ableton and takes away some of the initial pressure.

AUv3 list:
    Sensual Sax
    ShimmerFX

The vocal samples are from my favourite episode of 1960's Star Trek. I've used them before and I probably will again :D

• @Stiksi that was sick! Production was fantastic. I wish I could create the separation you do. Everything is so clean. And the groove is great. Perfect tempo. I thought I might get fatigued on the pitches up vocal, but the mix puts it in front without making it grating. It’s actually my favorite sound in the song haha. Really really great work.

• Production was fantastic. I wish I could create the separation you do. Everything is so clean.

yes, i wrote it also on AB .. huge respect to production, really BIG sound

• @drez said:
    @Stiksi that was sick! Production was fantastic. I wish I could create the separation you do. Everything is so clean. And the groove is great. Perfect tempo. I thought I might get fatigued on the pitches up vocal, but the mix puts it in front without making it grating. It’s actually my favorite sound in the song haha. Really really great work.

Thank you, much appreciated! I was a little afraid I'd pushed the mix too far to the front and elements would get muddled, so I'm very happy to hear that. I did do a lot of culling in the last round and just threw out any sound I couldn't pick out listening to the full mix.

@dendy I don't say it enough, but your support is really motivating, so thank you for that!

• @Stiksi said:
    New track, my first "full production" on Nanostudio 2, which means that I composed in NS2 and exported stems to Ableton Live for mixing and mangling. Most of this is stock NS2 but I doubled some instruments with similar ones in Ableton. I really like this workflow, for me it's faster than starting in Ableton and takes away some of the initial pressure.

AUv3 list:
    Sensual Sax
    ShimmerFX

The vocal samples are from my favourite episode of 1960's Star Trek. I've used them before and I probably will again :D

Brilliant!

Love your beats, bass and swing as ever. Beautiful chords that come in at around 0.26 and the pitched up vocal definitely works.

Superb mix too, as has been said 😉

• Thanks @LeeB 🙂

• Great tracks Stiksi! The pitched and stuttering vocals added a nice whimsical quality that works nicely against the hip groove. And I think your Last Summer sounded more fun than mine... :)

• You guys make some very good music! Im going to listen to it all. Im still really new to nanostudio 2 and in to short instrumental hiphop like beats. Here's two tracks, hope you like them!

https://open.spotify.com/track/5BCoWLos10DEp2EHrF4vsp?si=NGq9fOzwRw2xl7vO7GNjVw

https://open.spotify.com/track/5BiUZswu1nsDcmmajCX0RG?si=i2e0Fe5_R3qPYuN6hhGjqg

• edited April 2019

@DrRinkel said:
    You guys make some very good music! Im going to listen to it all. Im still really new to nanostudio 2 and in to short instrumental hiphop like beats. Here's two tracks, hope you like them!

Oh man, I’ve been waiting for your tracks! These are both lovely, your mixes are so on point. More, please!

@SlapHappy said:
    Great tracks Stiksi! The pitched and stuttering vocals added a nice whimsical quality that works nicely against the hip groove. And I think your Last Summer sounded more fun than mine... :)

Thanks! Your summer was also spent in bed having 12 flus in four months? 😀

• @DrRinkel said:
    You guys make some very good music! Im going to listen to it all. Im still really new to nanostudio 2 and in to short instrumental hiphop like beats. Here's two tracks, hope you like them!

Great stuff ! True music with soul !! What Stiksi said, keep on going !

• edited April 2019

Hey everybody, loving the tunes!!!
    I just released my second all NS2 project, Relative Scales, on all major streaming services:
    https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/3sleeves/relative-scales-2

Also on my Bandcamp page, in case you prefer that service:
    http://3sleeves.bandcamp.com/album/relative-scales

Lots of chill beats and mellow vibes on this one, hope you guys enjoy!
    ✌️🤘🖖😎🌊🎶

• Thanks @Stiksi and @dendy =) good to hear you enjoyed it!

• Hello, let me introduce myself with my first recording, made in 15 minutes with Nanostudio and a little music box sampled with the Obsidian sampler, I love this app!

Music Box by Teg Ylow
  • @Teg_Ylow said:
    Hello, let me introduce myself with my first recording, made in 15 minutes with Nanostudio and a little music box sampled with the Obsidian sampler, I love this app!

Music Box by Teg Ylow

That is awesome! The sample sounds amazing! Really neat melody line and accompanied tracks. Well done!

• @DrRinkel said:

That linkndidn’t work for me. I was required to listen in Spotify Premium - which I don’t have.
    Am I one of the few that doesn’t have it? Do you have SC or BC links?

• edited April 2019

@3sleeves said:

✌️🤘🖖😎🌊🎶

Hey, this is perfect for these early Spring sunny days! The distrokid link is a bit awkward because it doesn’t open Spotify in the Spotify app but on a webpage. I think you’d be better off just posting direct links to the streaming services instead, if you want to maximise exposure to (lazy) listeners :)

@Teg_Ylow said:
    Hello, let me introduce myself with my first recording, made in 15 minutes with Nanostudio and a little music box sampled with the Obsidian sampler, I love this app!
    Music Box by Teg Ylow

Welcome! I love your sound choices, surprising and effective. Great work! I don’t know if you noticed, but there’s about a minute of silence at the end of the track. You can get rid of this during mixdown by selecting ”trim end silence”. On the other hand, listening to it was kind of an enjoyable meditative experience, so it could well be there by choice.

• edited April 2019

@3sleeves said:
    I just released my second all NS2 project, Relative Scales, on all major streaming services:
    https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/3sleeves/relative-scales-2

✌️🤘🖖😎🌊🎶

Man, amount of calm relaxing groovy vibes you are able to put into your music is just AMAZING ... really GREAT music, you are soooo productive, second NS2 full album since release, that is just 4 months !! Share this album also on AB (as standalone thread, not just insine NS thread, this deserves FULL attention !)

Oh btw. purchased, on bandcamp ! Everybody should do it ;)

• edited April 2019

@Stiksi Thank’s for the feedback! Yeah, I’ve tried embedding a Bandcamp player but I’m not sure how that works in markdown.
    @dendy Thanks, you’re too kind as always. I just might post it on the AB forum, although I feel very much like an outsider there. NS2 workflow makes very efficient use of my time, allows me to get lots of riffs recorded quickly, increasing the likelihood of dialing in the right vibe for the moment👌😎
    Thanks for the purchase too, I really appreciate the support! You actually doubled my total album sales on Bandcamp!🤘🤘🤘😆

Man I love this thread!

• Welcome! I love your sound choices, surprising and effective. Great work! I don’t know if you noticed, but there’s about a minute of silence at the end of the track. You can get rid of this during mixdown by selecting ”trim end silence”. On the other hand, listening to it was kind of an enjoyable meditative experience, so it could well be there by choice.

Thank you por pointing that out, it's corrected now! Thanks for the comments

• Just some nonsense junk

• @aliosa27 what @Cinebient said ! Btw really like break at end of 48 bar !

• edited May 2019

Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I just created my first composition in NanoStudio 2. There are over 40 tracks in this piece, and most of them are custom Obsidian patches I made myself from orchestral instruments I sampled from Beathawk, iSymphonic, Garageband, Sampletank (Miroslav), and Korg Module (Orchestral Dreams). Let me know what ya'll think! I'm open to any advice about how to make it sound better. I'm definitely more of a composer than a sound designer or audio engineer.

• edited May 2019

@ScottVZ just W.O.W. This is SOMETHING ! Epic amazing track, one of best tracks i ever heard not just made in NS, but made on iPad at all. :+1::+1::+1:

@drez Looks like you have competition here ! Looking forward for your next track.

This discussion has been closed.