Clone slate tracks

In NS1 I used a lot the feature to clone a TRG track and then have a new instrument but with all samples already loaded. Is there something similar to that in NS2? Could not find anything in the manual.

Comments

• edited March 2019

it is just about cloning Slate settings (== bank) or do you want duplicate while track including track insert effects ??

if just Slate, you can Copy-Paste whole kit between Slate instances (in hamburger menu, switch from "pad" to "kit" and then "copy", swith to other slate and at same place "paste"... so add new Slate track and then copy-paste whole kit is clisest you can go to "duplicate"

true "duplicate" of whole track (including all its child tracks, routings, track settings -including insert FXs) is on todo list buy i guess it will be not add anytime soon because with complexity you can have with all audio/midi routings this is pretty big task...

Btw regarding insert FX - you can save whole FX chain on one channel an realosd it in other channel..

• @dendy That’s exactly what I was looking for, thanks a million! It’s more klicks than in NS1 where you only needed to press + but still better than reload all samples manually.

• I see that there is a way to clone slate, but what if you want a “clean” slate, like when you, in NS1, could open a new TRG-1 slot, and add your own samples

• edited April 2019

@kenb6870

• clear bank in slate (top right hamburger menu > kit > init)
    • save this bank with name "Default" (hamburger > kit > save)

now every new slate instance loads this Default (empty) bank ;)

• Thanks! Looking forward to using NS2! I do regret that NS1 was lost when I upgraded to ios 12, though, it is still a quality product after all these years

• it is still a quality product after all these years

This ! I still have old iPad Mini 1 with NS1 :)

• Is there a “repeater” function in the drum machine like in NS1, where when you press a key and it goes up to 1/32 from 1/4?

• you mean autobeat - for now not, but it's on todo list ...

• Looking forward to it!