SquareSynth very last update (1.1.3) doesn’t open in NS2

Hi,
sorry if this has already been reported (I use the search section but I found nothing...).
When you select SquareSynth in the AU instrument list, it simply doesn’t launch. Even after reinstalling SquareSynth, rebooting my iPad, creating a new project to only launch SquareSynth, nothing works.
I have no problem with it in other hosts like AUM, apeMatrix, BM3...

Comments

• @dendy said:
    this one ?

SquareSynth 2 by James Navarro
    https://itunes.apple.com/sk/app/squaresynth-2/id1439660868?mt=8

Yes. Since the last update from 2 days ago, I can’t launch it in NS2.

• @dendy Do you have it ?

• not yet :) but asking to buy right one :))

• @dendy said:
    this one ?

SquareSynth 2 by James Navarro
    https://itunes.apple.com/sk/app/squaresynth-2/id1439660868?mt=8

My bad ! I don’t know which app this name refers to but I checked all my AU plugins and this none of them are named SquareSynth. The one I was talking about which works further down the list of AU instrument and works fine.

• Strange.. looks like some wrong plugin registration, probably it should be mot listed at all.. maybe other hosts are ignoring this plugin and don't list it at all ?

• I apologize for this wrong bug report. Usually I never jump to the forum and immediately post when I have an issue, it’s quite the opposite. Even when there’s no doubt that I’m dealing with a bug, I often wait for weeks before I post about it, and it’s generally because I’m so fed up with the problem that I decide to write a post...
    I won’t do it again 😔
    (I still don’t know why there’s two occurrences of SquareSynth in the plugin list....)

• edited April 2019

no problem, that's one of purposes of this forum - report bug.. it's good for mat if we are able to discuss it and clarify as not bug :-)
    So feel free report anything suspicious in future ;)

I still don’t know why there’s two occurrences of SquareSynth in the plugin list

yeah that's a bit strange.. let's see if it will be there also after upcomimg update, there are some fixes related to au plugin list if i good remember..

Oh - and if you reindex plugin list it is still there ? (Manage > Refresh)

• Hey, just to clear this up, what seems to have happened is that originally Square synth was listed as AU Squaresynth and he recently changed the name. I found this out when I pulled up some old songs that listed it as a non existent AU: Similar thing happened recently with Audiokit Synth One just becoming Synth One, but as its not an AU yet, not as many issues. Hope this clears up the confusion!

• Well, ironically enough, it would seem that the last update of Nanostudio changed something in regards to squaresynth, as I was using it prominently on a piece in NS2, worked fine day before update, now makes no sound except occasional static when I mess with the xy pad. Tried it in a new project and on both my iPad mini 4 and 2018, also reinstalled etc. Can anyone check this? @dendy @Cyril