User presets does not show up in AU synths

Hi! Can’t find my user presets in the AU list, both Model 15 and Volt. Only factory sounds or installed presets are there. Any idea what is wrong?

Comments

• I assume you mean they’re not showing up in NS2’s patch database, but do show up in the internal patch browsers of Model 15 and Volt, correct? If so, then to have them show in the NS2 patch browser, load the preset in the app, then save it in NS2’s patch manager.

• First just try reindex patch database in NS2.

Patch browser in NS is implemented in a bit different way than other hosts - most of other hosts scans realtime which patches are available after you open that particular plugin.

NS2 cannot do this, because you see ALL patches of ALL synths in browser. So instead of this, NS2 does one-time indexing of ALL patches (and everytime you add new plugin to system, it reindex it and adds it's patches to internal database).

This allows you fast search in all patches of all plugins - which is perfectly ok for factory patches (which are static, they do not change later).

But for user patches, after you add new one inside plugin, you need reindex Nanostudio's patch database.

To do this, in NS patch browser, hit "MANAGE > REFRESH". If everything is OK at Moog's side implementation, your user patches should appear in NS patch browser. This works for example with Virsyn Reslice.

Of course like @number37 said, other way around is save user patches directly in NS2 patch browser, not inside plugin's interface - but this is applicable only in case you don't need use those patches in other hosts.

In case, that after reindexing your user patches will be still not there, then some fix at Moogs side will be needed.

• edited April 2019

@dendy said:
    First just try reindex patch database in NS2.

Patch browser in NS is implemented in a bit different way than other hosts - most of other hosts scans realtime which patches are available after you open that particular plugin.

NS2 cannot do this, because you see ALL patches of ALL synths in browser. So instead of this, NS2 does one-time indexing of ALL patches (and everytime you add new plugin to system, it reindex it and adds it's patches to internal database).

This allows you fast search in all patches of all plugins - which is perfectly ok for factory patches (which are static, they do not change later).

But for user patches, after you add new one inside plugin, you need reindex Nanostudio's patch database.

To do this, in NS patch browser, hit "MANAGE > REFRESH". If everything is OK at Moog's side implementation, your user patches should appear in NS patch browser. This works for example with Virsyn Reslice.

Of course like @number37 said, other way around is save user patches directly in NS2 patch browser, not inside plugin's interface - but this is applicable only in case you don't need use those patches in other hosts.

In case, that after reindexing your user patches will be still not there, then some fix at Moogs side will be needed.

I of course tried this before making my post. Doesn’t work. Doesn’t work for user presets in any app I tried (though I haven’t tried many). I did try the two mentioned though.

• User presets in Volt are showing up for me in both the NS2 and the Volt browser.

• @anict, that’s interesting. It has an F in front of it. Does it show up if you filter for only User presets?

• edited April 2019

filter for "user" presets in NS doesn't show user presets saved inside plugin - it shows user presets saved in nanostudio

all presets inside plugin - factory and user - are for nanostudio just factory presers - AU plugin simply provides list of all presets stored inside, and NS cannot distinguish which one is plugin's factory preset and which is it's internal user oreset...

• Model D presets saved in the app don’t show as factory presets in NS2 even after a database refresh. Moral of the story: Save your presets in the NS2 preset browser and in the app so that they can also be used in other hosts.

• Apps can be funny like that. It’s not necessarily an NS2 thing but the way the dev has implemented AU patch storage. Seems I’ve seen that issue with other hosts.

• edited April 2019

The advantage of saving patches in NS2’s system, even if they do show in the factory presets, is being able to tag them. Sure it’s duplicate work, but can be well worth it.

(I do wish we could add our own tags though.)

• @number37 said:
    (I do wish we could add our own tags though.)

What I do that kind of works like this is I add a custom label into the name of the patch, then I can search for it with the text search.

• Thanks everyone. I have some older patches that I made, and can´t access them from NS2. Refresh did not help. Same problem with iSem.

• edited May 2019

confirming, iSEM doesn't provide custom presets to host app...

only thing you can do is

• load patch from inside iSEM (in it's build in patch browser)
    • after that, save that patch as User patch in Nanostudio patch browser

Advantage is you can add tags to your custom parches and search them later using tags.
    Disadvantage is obvious ;)

• With infinite it‘s the same. I can load the userprg via au-Instrument, but i can‘t Save the userprg in ns2. In bm3 no Problem.

• edited May 2019

@jtw hello, please can you be more specific ? Where you can't save user patches - inside plugin UI or in NS patch browser ? What you mean with this - it doesn't save anything or saved patch doesn't contain proper synth settings when you load it again ?