Feature request: Insert versus overlap

edited May 2019 in Feature Requests

I don’t know if this has been mentioned but it would be incredibly useful and save time moving things around in the song editor if, when duplicating a part or lengthening a part, any adjacent parts would be moved back in the timeline, out of the way accordingly instead of having the lengthened or duplicated parts overlap anything adjacent. This would cut back on having to select “later” and move the arrangement when wanting to insert something. This should be optional of course, not arguing for permanently changing the default behavior

Comments

• I suppose a toggle would be required somewhere so that NS2 knows when to do that and when not to do that.

• Agree, it would be useful to have a "Ripple editing" toggle directly in the Song and Part Editor UIs at some point. For me anyway, it'll be more important once audio tracks land.

• @Will said:
    Agree, it would be useful to have a "Ripple editing" toggle directly in the Song and Part Editor UIs at some point. For me anyway, it'll be more important once audio tracks land.

Ripple editing, I like that. And yes, a toggle of course.