On Fire - Indie Rock with ambient influences

This track was composed and arranged in NS2, with the vocals and final mix done in Auria Pro. I used a few of my own custom Slate and Obsidian instruments (Links below).

The drums are from the Jazz Kit that I shared in an earlier thread:

Jazz Kit

The percussion is from a custom Slate kit, which was then filtered heavily in the track (I think this gives the track a cool and unique flavour):

Percussion Kit

The lead guitar is a custom Obsidian patch, sampled from my Les Paul in an analogue signal path:

Clean Guitar

I also used some patches from my Sopranotron samples mangled in Obsidian:

Soprano patches

Comments

• Probably not surprising: I love this. Fantastic song/mix/sounds.

• Nice! This is why it will be so exciting when audio tracks come to NS2 :) This is beautiful. A good example of how just a few well-chosen elements underpinning heartfelt vocals can be so powerful.

Thanks for posting it :)

• @Will said:
    Probably not surprising: I love this. Fantastic song/mix/sounds.

Thanks! As you have such excellent taste in music I take that as a big compliment 😍

@Trigger_the_Monkey said:
    Nice! This is why it will be so exciting when audio tracks come to NS2 :) This is beautiful. A good example of how just a few well-chosen elements underpinning heartfelt vocals can be so powerful.

Thanks, and yes I can't wait for audio tracks to come to NS2, it will make this kind of songwriting even better and easier, and I'll be able to complete more of the process in that lovely sequencer, where it's so easy to shift things and experiment with arrangements.

• Sounds really awesome! As a guitar player, I like the tasty guitar parts; really well made!