Delete samples from Slate kits [SOLVED]

edited June 2019 in Feature Requests

EDIT: Never mind! Forgot about the iOS files app, which I never use, which allows you to manage Slate kit samples.

—————————————————————————————————

Please add a way to FULLY delete samples from Slate kits.

Unless I’m doing something wrong, which may be the case, changing sounds in Slate kits potentially results in a long sample list in the sample folder that includes a bunch of unused samples. Doesn’t make any sense.

The manual says something about Slate managing the samples (or something, I forget how it’s worded), but the few kits I’ve assembled always inevitably get a long list of unused samples in the kit folder as I remove unwanted samples from the kit.

If there’s a way to manage the samples, please let me know with a reply here!

Comments

• The factory samples will always stay in NS2. Samples you load in can be deleted. Press the ••• icon after selecting the sample.

• I meant from the kit folder for a saved Slate instrument. For whatever reason you can’t delete them from that folder from within NS2.

• Go to Settings > Files > Manage Audio Files

• @anickt said:
    Go to Settings > Files > Manage Audio Files

You can’t delete samples inside saved Slate kits folders from inside NS, you have to use Files app for that, but very very carefully so you don’t break your kits. This is also the way to get rid of unwanted kits, but with the utmost caution, because the samples inside the kit folder might be linked elsewhere as well. This is the reason users are discouraged from deleting files from the instrument folders lightly.

• @Stiksi said:

@anickt said:

You can’t delete samples inside saved Slate kits folders from inside NS, you have to use Files app for that, but very very carefully so you don’t break your kits. This is also the way to get rid of unwanted kits, but with the utmost caution, because the samples inside the kit folder might be linked elsewhere as well. This is the reason users are discouraged from deleting files from the instrument folders lightly.

Just go to Manage Audio Files > Instruments > Slate > Users
    Unless I’m not understanding the question here. Which is always possible. :o

• @anickt said:

@Stiksi said:

@anickt said:

The file options are greyed out.

• @Stiksi said:

@anickt said:

@Stiksi said:

@anickt said:

Most likely because you can’t change anything that’s currently active. If a kit is loaded in the current open project you would have to close it before you make changes.

• edited June 2019

@anickt said:

@Stiksi said:

@anickt said:

@Stiksi said:

@anickt said:

Most likely because you can’t change anything that’s currently active. If a kit is loaded in the current open project you would have to close it before you make changes.

No, all are greyed out. Have you tried it yourself? Because, this is by design. You shouldn’t be able to delete them, if you are, your NS is not working correctly. Here’s a quote from the manual: ”You can't directly write to or modify audio and MIDI files in these folders:
    Instruments - Instruments manage their own patches and any audio files they use”

Matt was pretty clear about this, modifying those files might cause a heap of trouble and broken links in projects. So muck about in there at your own peril 🙂

• You’re right. I was thinking of where you do it from within Slate. :s

• @anickt said:
    You’re right. I was thinking of where you do it from within Slate. :s

Haha, no worries, I had to check the manual because I was starting to doubt myself 😂

• I'm doubting all y'all!

OK, there. I'm over it and a believer again. Amen brothers!

• edited June 2019

to you too @SlapHappy ! 😀

• Ah yes. The Amen Break. Nice.