Experimental psychedelic easy listening?

edited June 2019 in Creations

Removed the video as posting anything now that isn't running through FAB filters is pointless. :)
I'll update it at some point.

Comments

• edited June 2019

An incredibly vivid experience albeit a tad short
    Oh yes “Mastering” ok I’ll wait if I must🎼😄

• Came hear to hear a tune. No tune. Did I dream it? :p

• edited June 2019

@Arpseechord
    @anickt

Ok tis up :)

Not super happy with the mix but I mostly did it on the train and for the life of me could not ‘fix’ it at home in relative quiet. Anyway, excuses excuses!

• edited June 2019

An enjoyable dip into the trippier side of my head :)

I used to commute on the train - an hour each way - and that was fantastic time for creating with NS1.

Perfect for my Sunday afternoon - thanks!

In particular I'm loving the track at about 26 minutes - but, dear listeners, no skipping forward since my tastes may not apply to others :tongue:

• This is soo much great !! It goes directly to my everyday playlist, fits perfectly to style of music i'm listening during coding :) Thanks for this !

• Oh yeah! This made working on a Sunday actually fun 🙂 lovely stuff!

• Well well Mr. Gus you are a conductor of delightful trippy trips! Too bad those fellow passengers on that train are unaware of your coolness😎
    Listened to it all during breakfast and coffee and I enjoyed it immensly. Cool transitions from one motif to another. Great sound choices and landscapes. Often jazzy at times which I love. I really only on a rare occasion felt maybe the balance of elements were slightly out but no biggy. I wouldn’t touch a thing about it great job!
    Was some of the artwork in the video yours?

• @Arpseechord said:
    Well well Mr. Gus you are a conductor of delightful trippy trips! Too bad those fellow passengers on that train are unaware of your coolness😎
    Listened to it all during breakfast and coffee and I enjoyed it immensly. Cool transitions from one motif to another. Great sound choices and landscapes. Often jazzy at times which I love. I really only on a rare occasion felt maybe the balance of elements were slightly out but no biggy. I wouldn’t touch a thing about it great job!

Thanks Arpseechord, glad you gave it a listen! I did see this as a sketch and was sitting on it for the past couple months hoping to finish it off once audio tracks are in. I like to bounce out just audio at a certain point and mix and edit as wav clips with pitching and time-stretching of audio etc, as well as do overdubs playing, but I want to move on to other things so figured I’d just post it.

For the video I just used ganbreeder.com and pixaloop. If I were to spend more time on it I would overpaint the source material more and edit the video with disolves and other elements etc, but just trying to get ideas out before the gum loses flavor.

• @Trigger_the_Monkey said:
    An enjoyable dip into the trippier side of my head :)

I used to commute on the train - an hour each way - and that was fantastic time for creating with NS1.

Perfect for my Sunday afternoon - thanks!

In particular I'm loving the track at about 26 minutes - but, dear listeners, no skipping forward since my tastes may not apply to others :tongue:

Thanks, glad you like! :). Yah the commute is love / hate. Heh I would prefer none of course but the forced discipline (and not paying for a data plan) helps keep me productive at least.

• @dendy said:
    This is soo much great !! It goes directly to my everyday playlist, fits perfectly to style of music i'm listening during coding :) Thanks for this !

@Stiksi said:
    Oh yeah! This made working on a Sunday actually fun 🙂 lovely stuff!

Thanks peeps! Glad to hear. :heart:

• @Audiogus said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Well well Mr. Gus you are a conductor of delightful trippy trips! Too bad those fellow passengers on that train are unaware of your coolness😎

Thanks Arpseechord, glad you gave it a listen! I did see this as a sketch and was sitting on it for the past couple months hoping to finish it off once audio tracks are in. I like to bounce out just audio at a certain point and mix and edit as wav clips with pitching and time-stretching of audio etc, as well as do overdubs playing, but I want to move on to other things so figured I’d just post it.

For the video I just used ganbreeder.com and pixaloop. If I were to spend more time on it I would overpaint the source material more and edit the video with disolves and other elements etc, but just trying to get ideas out before the gum loses flavor.

Glad you posted your work Audiogus. It will not only inspire me but also anyone else who gives it the entire listen!
    Easy to see you are quite masterful with the sampling trade! But not only that you know how to get that right texture and feeling in your compositions... I appreciate that.
    Cool graphics because they don’t take anything away from the music.
    This is more than just bubblegum music hihi 😎👍🏻

• @Audiogus said:
    ..or something. I don’t know, it was a phase.

I haven’t listened to the whole thing yet, just the first piece. I really like what I’ve heard so far and later in the evening I’ll put on my good headphones and listen to the whole thing. I’m looking forward to it!

• edited June 2019

Woa. This is fantastic so far. Totally inspiring me.

@Audiogus said:
    Anyway, excuses excuses!

Hardly. You actually posted it!

• @Will said:

@Audiogus said:
    Anyway, excuses excuses!

Thanks Will and anickt, I may just do another pass at them now that I got some FAB magic to play with. :)

• edited June 2019

Good work🎹👍

• @Arpseechord said:

@Audiogus said:

@Will said:

@Audiogus said:
    Anyway, excuses excuses!

Thanks Will and anickt, I may just do another pass at them now that I got some FAB magic to play with. :)

Hi Audiogus, if you don’t mind me asking which FABS did you get and did it make any significant change in the Pro bundles completion? Even buying the pro bundle all out is a great deal still!
    Looking forward to your fab upped music there🎼🎧😎

I got L2, Q3 and R. I did the Q2->Q3 upgrade initially and then bought L2 and R. I have 70$ Cad left to complete it. I think the bundle is a good deal from what my fuzzy math impulse buy infused brain can tell. I tried these demo plugs on desktop a while ago and was so blown away that I just thought I would Liam Neeson it and simply do whatever it takes to get them.

Currently working on beats with vocals in BM3 and they really pop much better now with FAB power.

• edited June 2019

@Audiogus said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Audiogus said:

@Will said:

@Audiogus said:
    Anyway, excuses excuses!

Hi Audiogus, if you don’t mind me asking which FABS did you get and did it make any significant change in the Pro bundles completion? Even buying the pro bundle all out is a great deal still!

I got L2, Q3 and R. I did the Q2->Q3 upgrade initially and then bought L2 and R. I have 70$ Cad left to complete it. I think the bundle is a good deal from what my fuzzy math impulse buy infused brain can tell. I tried these demo plugs on desktop a while ago and was so blown away that I just thought I would Liam Neeson it and simply do whatever it takes to get them.

Currently working on beats with vocals in BM3 and they really pop much better now with FAB power.

Those are the three that I’m eyeing. I have all the fabs in Auria, I don’t have the pro q2 auv3 to upgrade and would rather have the pro q3 version. Yup it looks like a green light but I must admit that recent comment by Carnbot on AB forum has got me hesitating a little😬🤗🤩🎹🎼
    Thanks for your response and info👍
    By the way I deleted my post there but you did snag it and responded! I felt maybe I was being a little forward asking so ......whatever thanks

• edited June 2019

@Arpseechord said:

@Audiogus said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Audiogus said:

@Will said:

@Audiogus said:
    Anyway, excuses excuses!

Those are the three that I’m eyeing. I have all the fabs in Auria, I don’t have the pro q2 auv3 to upgrade and would rather have the pro q3 version. Yup it looks like a green light but I must admit that recent comment by Carnbot on AB forum has got me hesitating a little😬🤗🤩🎹🎼

The sidechain one?

edit: oh I see, yah the classic iOS problem... heh, tis true. It could all go the way of Alchemy and get screwed by Apple who has little idea of fostering communities of users it seems and just wants to design culture to make mad monies or some such conspiracy / group thinky which is no doubt true. The way I see it is I need to make music 'mobile' and not just 'portable' with a laptop so I will take the risk and perhaps even freeze iPads at certain OSes etc.

• edited June 2019

@Audiogus said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Audiogus said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Audiogus said:

@Will said:

@Audiogus said:
    Anyway, excuses excuses!

The sidechain one?

I don’t have the separate pro q2 app for an upgrade....would rather have the pro q3 within the bundle anyway. Just concerned about that last comment by Carnbot on ab forum about these fabs are a better investment at full price on desktop.....any thoughts?

• Audiogus just read your post on ab forum...yup that’s how I feel ya pays ya money and ya take ya chances..no guarantee but it’s still a thrilling ride while it lasts😄

• @Audiogus said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Audiogus said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Audiogus said:

@Will said:

@Audiogus said:
    Anyway, excuses excuses!

The sidechain one?

edit: oh I see, yah the classic iOS problem... heh, tis true. It could all go the way of Alchemy and get screwed by Apple who has little idea of fostering communities of users it seems and just wants to design culture to make mad monies or some such conspiracy / group thinky which is no doubt true. The way I see it is I need to make music 'mobile' and not just 'portable' with a laptop so I will take the risk and perhaps even freeze iPads at certain OSes etc.

I really can't believe how good these plugins are... I have been loading up old BM3 projects and replacing all the reverbs, compressors etc with FABs and am over the moon happy with how these past couple years of track sketching and squirreling away were not in vain. There was no way I was going to be able to export these to desktop and 'finish them' but now with FABs I can just tie them off in BM3 and NS2. Exciting times!

All we need now is for AU fx automation in NS2 (or a bug free system in BM3.)

(I gotta take these preFAB sorry assed tracks down now ;) )

• edited June 2019

@Audiogus said:

@Audiogus said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Audiogus said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Audiogus said:

@Will said:

@Audiogus said:
    Anyway, excuses excuses!

The sidechain one?

I really can't believe how good these plugins are... I have been loading up old BM3 projects and replacing all the reverbs, compressors etc with FABs and am over the moon happy with how these past couple years of track sketching and squirreling away were not in vain. There was no way I was going to be able to export these to desktop and 'finish them' but now with FABs I can just tie them off in BM3 and NS2. Exciting times!

All we need now is for AU fx automation in NS2 (or a bug free system in BM3.)

(I gotta take these preFAB sorry assed tracks down now ;) )

I’ve been a squirrel whisperer for years. The other day separately bought pro R, pro Q3, and pro L2 and then I bought the rest of the bundle...have been replacing these with others in some songs in NS2 and I’m happy like a squirrel with his nuts intact! I also bought DDMF Magic Deatheye and am extremely pleased with that. Onward and upward
    AU fx automation and dare I say audio tracks soonish in NS2 would make not only me but many happy nutty squirrels..HAPPY