Please show which notes are in the active scale on the piano roll
Just been editing in the piano roll on an instrument which had the keyboard set to A Dorian, moving notes up and down to make a variation on a pattern, and repeatedly had two issues:
1. I kept accidentally choosing a note which is not in A Dorian, and
2. I couldn't easily find what I'd done wrong (which note was out of scale)
I suggest, when a track has the keyboard set to a key (scale) that the keys on the left are colour coded to show:
1. the root note, and
2. the notes within the scale.
An option, to be consistent with the UI for example, would be to have the notes not within the scale left as white/grey, and the notes within the scale tinted (semi translucent?) with the track colour... Have the root note tinted much more strongly than the other notes, so it's easy to see perhaps.
Where there is no scale, just leave them all white/grey as is (since you can't tell whether the user is using a scale at all).
I suspect this is relatively easy to implement, so I guess the only questions would be:
1. is there demand for this? Especially from new customers, perhaps making a step from a sequencer like Figure or Modstep to a DAW? and
2. are there better ways to get the same result, without getting too fancy?