Off-Topic - Fabfilter Plugins in Nanostudio 2?!

2»

Comments

• thank you for valuable information !!

• @dendy said:
    thank you for valuable information !!

Of course mate. :) I try to be as informative as possible.

A couple of things I forgot to mention is that Pro-L2 comes with that handy advanced LuFS loudness meter, which is more accurate for matching loudness between tracks than an RMS meter. Matching loudness between tracks is crucial when mastering an album.

Another advantage Pro-L2 has are the oversampling and dithering options. I use oversampling in mastering all the time. I never use dither, but it's there in case you need it. Also, there are more presets in Pro-L2 that cover a plethora of mastering situations straight out of the box but also work as great springboards that can be further manipulated to the particular needs of a track.

One advantage that Maxima has over Pro-L2 is that Maxima IS iPhone compatible. I wouldn't master an album on the iPhone, but if I crafted a single track in NS2 on the iPhone/iPod, I'd use Maxima (in addition to MagicDeathEye and EQ-3B) for the final polish.

• @dendy last year I made a short tutorial video about Pro L2:

• @richardyot great, thanks, will check it

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@dendy said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic

i'll go back to beginning of this thread... you mentioned Pro-L .. any chance you have also FAC Maxima ? How good is Pro-L compared to FAC Maxima ? Any chance of some comparision examples ?

I can defo do comparison examples, but first the answer while it's still fresh in my mind.

Short answer - I love both limiters. Pro-L2 is just a bit better though. Just get both. ;)

Longer answer - Both seem to be somewhat similar in how they process a signal internally. Both seem to have almost the same threshold (-8dB RMS) before the signal becomes distorted from overlimiting. However, when I push the signal up to the threshold before overlimiting happens, Pro-L2 is a mite more transparent than Maxima.

First limiter used is Maxima, and the second is Pro-L2. Both set to a loudness level of around -8dB to -9dB RMS.

Wow. The difference between those seems pretty night and day to me. The Maxima version sounds compressed while the L2 sounds pretty natural (both, 'to my ears', obviously). And yet, the L2 version is noticeably louder.

I dig the sound of the maxima version though. horses, courses, etc, I guess.