Faster Scrolling in Menus

edited June 2019 in Feature Requests

Can we please have faster scrolling inside menus such as the project load menu and sample folders? The scrolling only happens at one speed which can be very tedious when you have folders with many projects/samples. Every other app i use, the harder you flick the list the faster it scrolls. Is this possible to implement? I realize you can utilize the alphabet on the right of the samples list but most of my samples start with BD or HH and so forth so it doesnt help much if at all usually.

Comments

• edited June 2019

Every other app i use, the harder you flick the list the faster it scrolls.

This is called "inertia scroll" - it's default way of scroling in iOS UI libraries. Thing is that NS is not using iOS UI libraries for interface, but own low-level openGL implementstion (one of reasons it's super CPU efficiency, another reason is future multi platform compatibility)

Anyway for sure it is dable, just i'm afraid there is at the moment lot other things on todolist with higher priority... but of course, inertia scroll would be nice improvement ;)

• @Nomzai said:
    Can we please have faster scrolling inside menus such as the project load menu and sample folders?

You can also drag along the letters on the right edge to get there much faster.

• @Stiksi said:

@Nomzai said:
    Can we please have faster scrolling inside menus such as the project load menu and sample folders?

You can also drag along the letters on the right edge to get there much faster.

Nice one Stiksi