Another new one

edited June 2019 in Creations

I was listening to King Crimson which, I guess, inspired this. Used 3 different Slate kits which I got from others on this site (don’t remember who but they are Jazz Kit, Tight Kit and Jazz2) plus a few slightly modified factory Obsidian patches and one of my own.

Comments

• And link to song ? :)

• @dendy said:
    And link to song ? :)

What do you mean?? :p

• edited June 2019

ok now i hear...wow, what a jazzstorm.. wondering what time signature is that ? very interesting beat (i guess it's not 4/4) - it's very different from music i usually usually listen (and make) but i enjoyed beign totally lost within it :+1:
    Actually i listened it 3x :)

• @dendy said:
    ok now i hear...wow, what a jazzstorm.. wondering what time signature is that ? very interesting beat (i guess it's not 4/4) - it's very different from music i usually usually listen (and make) but i enjoyed beign totally lost within it :+1:
    Actually i listened it 3x :)

Thanks @dendy! The project is in 7/8 but some of the sequences are shortened to fit what I was hearing in my head so there is variation there. I don’t technically “know” odd time signatures but I hear them. Glad you enjoyed it!

• Really good, really snazzy jazzy. I like it a lot. Very uplifting,Thanks for posting🎼🎹🎧

• Fantastic! Love the drumming!

• @sch said:
    Fantastic! Love the drumming!

Thanks @sch !

• Woa! Never heard anything like this come out of NS. Propers! I really dig the call and response section in the middle with the bass and vibe(ish) sound.

@dendy said:
    wondering what time signature is that ? very interesting beat (i guess it's not 4/4)

I guess it's true: no one cares about song titles. ;p

• Thanks @Will ! The vibe-ish sound is a sample from the old Ensoniq ESQ-1 which is my favorite synth I ever owned. As far as the title... ;)

• Nice! I agree about the drumming and the call-response section.
    In particular the drumming sounds natural - was this programmed, or recorded in using an app or a sequencer? Or actually drummed in using a controller? I ask because I've been playing with ways to program drumming using Mozaic, but also plan on connecting a midi drum kit and seeing whether it gets a better "feel" than I get with programming.

Again - nicely done!

• Thanks @Trigger_the_Monkey !
    It’s actually a basic programmed rhythm on one track with some finger drummed fills plus 2 additional tracks with different kits finger drummed right in each Slate. No other apps or external controllers used. No animals were harmed!