FR: Obsidian Mod Destination workflow idea

I love how easy it is to assign an empty Envelope or LFO to anything lightning fast by just tapping the bar labelled "unassigned". The fewer taps the better, right? I for one love NS2 firstly for the sounds that come out of it, but also because it's just so well thought out.

I know this might sound trivial, but I think the extra steps to dive into the menu to and then scroll down to the +ADD button could make for a more streamlined UX. It would be a bit quicker if perhaps there was a little + button in the title bar, right next to the hamburger menu , rather than in the dropdown. In essence, operating just as it does with an empty ENV or LFO.

Another tiny thing: if you accidentally tap Assign bar, the "X" to get out of assign mode appears at the bottom over the keys. Maybe it's just me, but I accidentally hit assign sometimes and find it breaks the flow that I can't get out of it quite as quickly as I stumbled in. I think it would flow a bit smoother if the "X" appeared in that same bar you just tapped to enter, as well as the ability to exit by simply tapping in any negative space where there isn't an assignable + button.

Comments

• It would be a bit quicker if perhaps there was a little + button in the title bar, right next to the hamburger menu , rather than in the dropdown

good idea .. probably long press on grey text which normally opens dropdown should directly activate [+] mode

• @palm said:
    Another tiny thing: if you accidentally tap Assign bar, the "X" to get out of assign mode appears at the bottom over the keys. Maybe it's just me, but I accidentally hit assign sometimes and find it breaks the flow that I can't get out of it quite as quickly as I stumbled in. I think it would flow a bit smoother if the "X" appeared in that same bar you just tapped to enter, as well as the ability to exit by simply tapping in any negative space where there isn't an assignable + button.

I like the X in the same bar idea, because I do get into the assign mode by accident a lot. But for the same reason I feel like the ”tap anywhere else to cancel” is not ideal for me because I miss tap targets so often.

• tap anywhere else to cancel” is not ideal for me because I miss tap targets so often.

+1 :)

• @dendy said:

It would be a bit quicker if perhaps there was a little + button in the title bar, right next to the hamburger menu , rather than in the dropdown

good idea .. probably long press on grey text which normally opens dropdown should directly activate [+] mode

[Like].press()

• edited July 2019

@Stiksi said:
    ”tap anywhere else to cancel” is not ideal for me because I miss tap targets so often.

Ha, good point!