"Deadline"

Okay, so I'm not sure if the lyrics are any good as lyrics are not my strongsuit, lol. However, here's a track that proves you don't need audio tracks to record/playback vocals in a song just the same, lol. Done in a bit of a cheesy eurodance/trance style.

Cheers. πŸ˜‰

Comments

• I think you have proved your point there, thumbs up. Completely different to what I listen or make(mostly) but I can definitely hear skill set you certainly have.

• :+1: not exactly my taste but it is made perfectly, you matches 90's eurodance style like a boss, great job .. if this would be relesed back then i can imagine it would break all charts :)

• Well that was fun πŸ˜€ …on vacation, otherwise way too close to home.

• edited July 2019

@Cray23 @dendy @Stiksi Thanks mates. :) Greatly appreciated.

I swear Dendy, I wish we did live in the 90s. Who knows? 80s nostalgia is FINALLY starting to die down, and it seems 90s nostalgia is starting to FINALLY creep in. It might become a hit, lol.

• Nicely done! Def has that 90’s vibe. Good job on the vocals.

• The lyrics are fine for dance music - simple and repeated so I can sing along :wink: and I really don't want to be thinking too much on the dancefloor....

• @SlapHappy said:
    Nicely done! Def has that 90’s vibe. Good job on the vocals.

Thank you mate. :) I appreciate that a lot.

@Trigger_the_Monkey said:
    The lyrics are fine for dance music - simple and repeated so I can sing along :wink: and I really don't want to be thinking too much on the dancefloor....

Exactly! :D You get it mate. I've been studying how to write lyrics from Pat Pattison's books. My only qualm is that the song examples he gives us to study are a bit more advanced than for a beginner like me.

So, I took Pat's advice but studied the "fun pop songs" in order to start in with the baby steps. So what do many of the "fun pop songs" have in common?

1. The title is repeated in the chorus at least twice if not more.
    2. The chorus has a catchy melody (MOST times, although there are a fair few modern pop songs that lack a decent chorus melody).
    3. The verse melody is simpler than the chorus.
    4. The verses need to pertain to the title, whether a story is told in them or not.
    5. The bridge should sum up the song as a whole, or it can be instrumental.
    6. Oh yeah, a general ABABCB song format.

Of course I tried to put just a little bit more thought into the verses. The first verse is very external in that it's telling a story, setting the scene as it were, and then offers a twist with "but then I remembered how you put me off, and then I woke up". The second verse is more internal in that the singer is expressing their feelings and thoughts, commenting on the situation presented in the first verse and chorus. The chorus is as simple as simple can get in order to get people singing along with it but still remains powerful enough to express the singer's emotions. If I had a lyrical bridge, it would go something like...

I thought you loved me. Do you even care?
    You left me hanging from a rotted vine.
    Blah blah blah.
    (Well, something a bit better than just that, but you get the gist.)

Well, in the end I opted for the Trance drop instead because it flowed better. :lol: