We Don't Belong To Yesterday - NS2 Indie

All the music in this one was created in NS2, and the vocals were then added in Auria, where I also did the final mix. There's hardly any instruments, just drums, bass, electric piano and a lead guitar patch from Roli Noise. The coin track is a sample of a coin rolling on my desk which was then mangled in Obsidian (I need to do more of this kind of thing). Lots of FX abuse, especially the new Eventide ones.

Comments

• @richardyot awesome work man! While few tracks been used, it does sound full. Great stuff;)
    Can’t wait for audio tracks to arrive in NS2 :)

• @Cray23 said:
    @richardyot awesome work man! While few tracks been used, it does sound full. Great stuff;)
    Can’t wait for audio tracks to arrive in NS2 :)

Thanks! Yes I'm also looking forward to audio tracks coming, I'll have to decide whether to mix in NS2 or Auria I guess. Now that the FabFilter plugins are available as AUv3 it's certainly a possibility, although I do also use PSP Echo a lot in Auria so that might be one reason to stick with Auria.

It also partly depends on how audio tracks are implemented in NS2, because with the vocals I have to do a lot of audio editing (cutting out mouth noises and breaths etc) and Auria is pretty good at that stuff. And it has audio warping which can be super-useful for fixing small timing errors in double-tracked vocals to make the takes match.

• Nicely done!

• Good tune and really well mixed. I can't wait till I can upgrade my ipad and get my hands on NS2.

• Well that’s a good sounding band 🙂 Great work!

• Cool track! I don't think I would've identified the coin roll as such if you hadn't pointed it out. Nice mangling there.

• edited August 2019

did you try to sent your production to some label which is releasing +/- similiar genre ? Because, really - this is very good. It deserves to get bigger audience. !

I like how you have very recognisable coherent style, but still every track is different. If you put your tracks together, it would be very consistent album, listenable from beginning to end, no weak places...

:+1::+1::+1:

• @dendy said:
    did you try to sent your production to some label which is releasing +/- similiar genre ? Because, really - this is very good. It deserves to get bigger audience. !

I like how you have very recognisable coherent style, but still every track is different. If you put your tracks together, it would be very consistent album, listenable from beginning to end, no weak places...

+1 B)

• @dendy said:

Hey thanks, that's a very nice thing to say. For the time being I'm just concentrating on trying to write as many good songs as possible, and then maybe once I have a few that are good enough I will put them together. My style has evolved naturally, once I make a conscious effort not to use any clichés and avoid very obvious genres then this "style" is what naturally comes out.

I've also learnt to work around the limitations of my vocals and sing in an idiosyncratic and individual way, which is also a big part of my sound. I'm not really a great singer, but I've learnt to sing in a way that works for my music.