How Do I change key of whole project?

Looks like im stuck on simplest task

How Do I change key of whole project?

Is there a global transpose button?

or at least how can I change key of already recorded midi part?

the transpose button helps me with new midi recordings

Comments

• To change the key of an already recorded part, open it in the editor, double tap the background to select all notes and then transpose with the vertical handles. If you build your project with linked parts, you can change it fairly easily. Or if you don’t have many repeating elements, combine the midi parts of a channel together and then transpose.

Or you can transpose the Obsidian itself by editing the oscillator transpose settings.

• just set scale and key (in NS you need tomset "transpose" from main note, instead of directly note, see screenshot) in any instrument's performance screen - this change is stored per project, so always you change it in any instrument instance, it appliest to ALL instrument instances ....

• @dendy said:
    just set scale and key (in NS you need tomset "transpose" from main note, instead of directly note, see screenshot) in any instrument's performance screen - this change is stored per project, so always you change it in any instrument instance, it appliest to ALL instrument instances ....

thanks, my question was related to parts/projects I had ALREADY recorded?
    Does your above solution work for Already recorded parts?
    example i had some parts recorded with sunrizer
    I changed instrument, still I could not transpose
    there is no straightforward transpose button right?

So my guess is... I have to do it ...like how @Stiksi mentioned per track

• edited August 2019

Ah sorry didn't read properly. No, this is just for recording, there is no way to change existing stuff, there is no global key / transpose in NS2

If you want do it non-destructive way (eg notes will stay as they are just they will be played shifted / transposed)
    then there is way - by insertimg AUfx plugin "Rozetta Scaler" or every track - this plugins allows you transpose notes in realtime ...

Scaler is part of rhis AU plugins bundle, there is lot of great and usefull midi plugins i suggest it to everybody...

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rozeta-sequencer-suite/id1292546479

There is way how to do it the fast way (less taps) - just put plugin on first track, set transpose and then save this MIDI fx chain in NS (too hamburger menu icon in MIDI fx tab above loaded plugins list)

now just switch (tapping on bottom mixer tab name) to another chanel and load that saved fx chain, and repeat for all channels

• @dendy said:

Ah sorry didn't read properly. No, this is just for recording, there is no way to change existing stuff, there is no global key / transpose in NS2

If you want do it non-destructive way (eg notes will stay as they are just they will be played shifted / transposed)
    then there is way - by insertimg AUfx plugin "Rozetta Scaler" or every track - this plugins allows you transpose notes in realtime ...

Scaler is part of rhis AU plugins bundle, there is lot of great and usefull midi plugins i suggest it to everybody...

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rozeta-sequencer-suite/id1292546479

There is way how to do it the fast way (less taps) - just put plugin on first track, set transpose and then save this MIDI fx chain in NS (too hamburger menu icon in MIDI fx tab above loaded plugins list)

now just switch (tapping on bottom mixer tab name) to another chanel and load that saved fx chain, and repeat for all channels

Thanks