Slate - selection of pad for editing (without auditioning)

edited August 2019 in Feature Requests

is there a way to select a pad for editing (levels/eq/send etc) without playing the sound from that pad? If I’m playing a loop and just want to tweak the setting of each sample it’s off putting hearing the sound of each pad when I press it.

If not, a possible feature fix may be to enable an option for the velocity of each pad to be zero.

Thanks.

Comments

• You can switch to Touch Velocity and touch the very bottom of the pads. That’s pretty quiet.

• Yes that is something. Zero velocity option would be better! Easy addition for future update?

• this won't help, he wans to change active pad during it is playin, for editing settings..

zero velocity is good workaround, din't know about better solution for now.. there is planned another "performance" tab which autobest festure (like in NS1), so then probsbly just at performace tab pads would play immediately when and an other tabs pushing inactive pad will just select it and only push on selected pad would play ? That's how it was working in NS1 if i good remember..

• Could one for the mods change the category to feature request please? I think adding a zero velocity to pad option should easy to implement but let’s see what Matt thinks!

• edited August 2019

changed

i updated also title, to be more specific.

• Perfect, thanks!

• I'd like to see this as well. Maybe holding mute and tapping a pad (while mute is held) would work for this? Presuming "if a pad is tapped while mute is held, switch to that pad and we're not in mute mode when mute is released"

• On the Push, you can hit a “select” button (I think that’s the button, I’ve got it in muscle memory) and you tap the pad and it selects without playing it. Very handy when programming in its step mode live.

• @drez said:
    On the Push, you can hit a “select” button (I think that’s the button, I’ve got it in muscle memory) and you tap the pad and it selects without playing it. Very handy when programming in its step mode live.

Totes. Was just trying to drum a way without adding a new UI item.

• @Will said:

@drez said:
    On the Push, you can hit a “select” button (I think that’s the button, I’ve got it in muscle memory) and you tap the pad and it selects without playing it. Very handy when programming in its step mode live.

Yeah I was actually supporting you! I think it’s a great idea. “mute” + pad has my vote :+1:

• @drez said:

@Will said:

@drez said:

Yeah I was actually supporting you! I think it’s a great idea. “mute” + pad has my vote :+1:

DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO HAVE A CONVERSATION BRO???

/sorry xo

• @Will said:

@drez said:

@Will said:

@drez said:

DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO HAVE A CONVERSATION BRO???

/sorry xo

I use this method on all communications:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best-effort_delivery

• edited August 2019

@drez said:
    I use this method on all communications:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best-effort_delivery

Brilliant. :+1:

Next time someone doesn't understand what I'm saying on a forum I am absolutely going to say "Sorry, packet loss I guess." and move on. :)

• edited August 2019

mute+pad :heart:

this is exactly the way how Novation adds new features to Circuit with every firmware update - they just use combinations of existing knobs - and it works perfectly.

got idea for another handy action

• while holding MUTE button, tap on already selected pad mutes all other pads
  • Brilliant!

• @dendy said:
    mute+pad :heart:

this is exactly the way how Novation adds new features to Circuit with every firmware update - they just use combinations of existing knobs - and it works perfectly.

got idea for another handy action

• while holding MUTE button, tap on already selected pad mutes all other pads

Like. So hold MUTE + double tap pad == solo. :+1: