AU Automation Conundrum

After resisting updating from iOS 10.3 on my 2017 9.7” iPad for forever I bit the bullet last week and loaded 12.4. Finally purchased NS2 today. Super clean and fairly straightforward. I was impressed and super excited till I attempted to record knob movements from an AU instance of Ripplemaker. Much to my dismay it appears you must decide which 10 knobs you’re going to use for each AU instance first and/or first hand draw automation on the timeline. It’s nice and all and I won’t ask for a refund but I’ll stick with BM3 and Cubasis for now. I guess NS2 is enough for simple task but currently way too limited for my personal use.

Comments

• I haven’t had Nanostudio 2 for to long about 3 weeks and I love it. For me it’s a lot better then Cabasis. The sound quality in Cabasis in my opinion is not that good, normal price for Cabasis is $50 total ripoff and Nanostudio 2 only uses up about one third internal storage. Lucky for me I only paid half price off for Cabasis. I don’t even have Cabasis installed on iPad anymore.

• It’s so true, everybody’s got their needs and priorities and apps that work for some people won’t work for others etc. Personally NO music app does everything I want, but NS2 is overall the best thing for me.

• @Shabudua said:
    It’s so true, everybody’s got their needs and priorities and apps that work for some people won’t work for others etc. Personally NO music app does everything I want, but NS2 is overall the best thing for me.

All DAW’S have their pluses and minuses.

• @philowerx said:
    After resisting updating from iOS 10.3 on my 2017 9.7” iPad for forever I bit the bullet last week and loaded 12.4. Finally purchased NS2 today. Super clean and fairly straightforward. I was impressed and super excited till I attempted to record knob movements from an AU instance of Ripplemaker. Much to my dismay it appears you must decide which 10 knobs you’re going to use for each AU instance first and/or first hand draw automation on the timeline. It’s nice and all and I won’t ask for a refund but I’ll stick with BM3 and Cubasis for now. I guess NS2 is enough for simple task but currently way too limited for my personal use.

I think you’re writing it off way too easily. You know you can create presets of knob assignments? “Limited” is the last word I’d apply to NS2 but I understand your approach may be different to mine.