Category Request: Feature Requests

tjatja
edited December 2018 in General chat

As written already much earlier, I fear that all the valuable comments, requests and ideas just vanish in the flood of postings - partly because we have no proper categories!

Please add more categories to sort topics, and then realy sort the topics!
This is especially required for feature requests!
And they need to be tagged, as accepted, considered, not accepted or something like this.
You will otherwise loose control!

I am adressing @Blip Interactive and / or the moderators :)

Also, it often feels like ideas and requests need to be defended and explained in an overly manner, even get harsh responses. I don't feel that this a good thing. You only reach that people stop writing their wishes!

Instead of questioning without asking, just ask for explanation and examples.
And even try to think yourself, why and in which situations a request may be valid.
You can be sure that every feature request is valid!

Just blocking does not help ;-)

Comments

• Yep, I think we have to all remind ourselves to keep calm and a little tongue in cheek.

It’s perfectly natural for some defensive attitudes to arise when you feel your new borns beauty is being examined, but really it’s mostly just friendly suggestion that your kid may look better with a slightly different Xmas jumper :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yep, I think we have to all remind ourselves to keep calm and a little tongue in cheek.

It’s perfectly natural for some defensive attitudes to arise when you feel your new borns beauty is being examined, but really it’s mostly just friendly suggestion that your kid may look better with a slightly different Xmas jumper :p

yep :)

I overly love the new baby <3
    But now are more people using it, and this means more ideas and wishes ;)

• Just to add though, be polite and you will usually get politeness back, even if not immediately - I’ve found it to be true for myself on here

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yep, I think we have to all remind ourselves to keep calm and a little tongue in cheek.

Precisely. Can feel myself snapping back at people when there’s no need for debate on most of it. Just let people have opinions, good and bad. Leave it to dev to decide what’s worth throwing time at.

• @flockz said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Precisely. Can feel myself snapping back at people when there’s no need for debate on most of it. Just let people have opinions, good and bad. Leave it to dev to decide what’s worth throwing time at.

Yes. I have found that my experience with the dev on here has been one of considerable politeness and thoughtful contemplation on any request.

• But, @tja is always wrong. We must always remember that.

• edited December 2018

Just kidding of course.

Seriously though, being called on to defend something is healthy. It forces one to clarify the and refine the request. Vigorous discussion helps to flush out important details.

• @number37 said:
    But, @tja is always wrong. We must always remember that.

I just imagined you saying that while swinging a watch and mumbling ‘look in to my eyes....’ :p

• edited December 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@number37 said:

I just imagined you saying that while swinging a watch and mumbling ‘look in to my eyes....’ :p

Now imagine those eyes rolling up in their sockets, and you have the picture. ;)

• @number37 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@number37 said:

Now imagine those eyes rolling up, and you have the picture. ;)

I presume you mean spiralling, as rolling up is what I am about to do with my tobacco ;)

• @number37 said:
    Just kidding of course.

Seriously though, being called on to defend something is healthy. It forces one to clarify the and refine the request. Vigorous discussion helps to flush out important details.

I don’t actually mind defending, as long as people don’t get weird in the process or just go round in nonsense circles where it’s clear that something just doesn’t matter to one person while mattering to the other.

• tjatja
    edited December 2018

Defending for not, more categories in the forum would greatly help.

And sorting and reviewing features requests and such things ;)

• You guys are all bringing up good points. As an active memember of the old forum for many years I was always struck by the kind vibe of the forum members. I wouldn’t have stayed had it been different. The martial arts forums can be brutally harsh, so I avoid them like the plague. I do think that most people on this forum are all here wanting to get some tips and offer a bit of help checking for bugs or requesting features. This has been respected by the moderators of this forum on the old forum for many years. And Matt is the most polite person I have ever interacted with on the internet.

However, any bug/feature request potentially has a domino effect in coding as wel as potential impact to the UI/UX of the app overall. That potentially affects all of us. So, if there are ‘defenses’ to either current features/methods or proposed new ones, please understand that we are also expressing an opinion and or trying to discuss back and forth the pros and cons of these things. We are actually a really nice bunch of guys and I bet most of us would get along with most forum members in the real world.

There are different personalities and language/culture barriers at play here, so I hope that everyone will hang in there and post back and forth while trying not to take anything personally. I haven’t seen anything get personal yet, but we are all musicians, and have a common ground. So if we keep that in mind I think the growing pains of the first few days of this forum will be over and we can settle into some good discussions. Think pros & cons and let’s all be willing to listen to others and entertain other ideas. The old forum was a fun place where I learned a whole lot. I am looking forward to the same on this forum and hope to learn even more.

On a personal note, if there is ever anything that I post that anyone thinks sounded like I was a dick, please bring it to my attention. Most likely it really wasn’t my intention, but I would like to be made aware of situations so I can have the opportunity to clarify a point or rectify a situation with an apology. I’m not to proud to admit if I am wrong. I would really prefer to keep this forum a place where we can all speak openly and not bicker.

Ah f#ck it, you’re all a bunch of c#nts!
    TOTALLY JOKING! I don’t think that.
    I suppose a sense of humor should be toggled on when reading/posting on this forum.

• @SlapHappy said:
    You guys are all bringing up good points. As an active memember of the old forum for many years I was always struck by the kind vibe of the forum members. I wouldn’t have stayed had it been different. The martial arts forums can be brutally harsh, so I avoid them like the plague. I do think that most people on this forum are all here wanting to get some tips and offer a bit of help checking for bugs or requesting features. This has been respected by the moderators of this forum on the old forum for many years. And Matt is the most polite person I have ever interacted with on the internet.

However, any bug/feature request potentially has a domino effect in coding as wel as potential impact to the UI/UX of the app overall. That potentially affects all of us. So, if there are ‘defenses’ to either current features/methods or proposed new ones, please understand that we are also expressing an opinion and or trying to discuss back and forth the pros and cons of these things. We are actually a really nice bunch of guys and I bet most of us would get along with most forum members in the real world.

There are different personalities and language/culture barriers at play here, so I hope that everyone will hang in there and post back and forth while trying not to take anything personally. I haven’t seen anything get personal yet, but we are all musicians, and have a common ground. So if we keep that in mind I think the growing pains of the first few days of this forum will be over and we can settle into some good discussions. Think pros & cons and let’s all be willing to listen to others and entertain other ideas. The old forum was a fun place where I learned a whole lot. I am looking forward to the same on this forum and hope to learn even more.

On a personal note, if there is ever anything that I post that anyone thinks sounded like I was a dick, please bring it to my attention. Most likely it really wasn’t my intention, but I would like to be made aware of situations so I can have the opportunity to clarify a point or rectify a situation with an apology. I’m not to proud to admit if I am wrong. I would really prefer to keep this forum a place where we can all speak openly and not bicker.

Ah f#ck it, you’re all a bunch of c#nts!
    TOTALLY JOKING! I don’t think that.
    I suppose a sense of humor should be toggled on when reading/posting on this forum.

Totally agree. Definitely not here to bicker :) I think people just need to lay off the ‘oh, you must have used ableton or bm3 to be making that request...why don’t you just use those apps’ kind of stuff. That isn’t ‘defence’, just annoying, assuming and ignorant.

If people can just take feature requests at face value, only disputing them if they feel they’ll actually ruin the app in some way or if there are already painless solutions for the same functionality, then I don’t think anyone will spark any bad vibes.

• tjatja
    edited December 2018

I just recommend to create more categories and handle the feature requests.
    This is way more important.
    But I see no movement.

• @tja said:
    But I see no movement.

we discussed this already in our secret society forum ;) , matt is now considering optimal structure which will help him to have best overview over people requests and reports... just a bit patience ;)

• @dendy said:

@tja said:
    But I see no movement.

we discussed this already in our secret society forum ;) , matt is now considering optimal structure which will help him to have best overview over people requests and reports... just a bit patience ;)

That's great!
    Many thanks :)

• Here’s a feature request, that might be more of a separate app request, by the end:

A full tape effect that emulates the tape feature in Teenage Engineering’s OP-1.
    I have RE-1, which is a great app, but doesn’t really have the full transport controls that the OP-1 does. It’s more just an fx app. I’m talking about a real clone of the OP-1 tape. I kind of doubt that it could be added directly into NS2, but maybe it could be put out as a stand-alone audio unit?

If that were possible, I know some people who would sell some fairly important body parts to get their hands on it.