Using NS2 live tonight ;)

Hey guys! I use Reason in the studio, but have been held back by not having a laptop which can run it well enough for live performance. So I've finally got Nanostudio 2 set up with a backing track using a sample oscillator in Obsidian, and other Obsidians for leads to play live. I'm looking forward to getting audio tracks in NS2 but for now this seems to work perfectly fine B)

Comments

• Sounds cool!
    Will you be videoing the performance?

• Yes it will be on YouTube later on tonight. I'll post a link when done! Amazon delivered my new controller keyboard 20 minutes before I had to leave for the gig. I just plugged it in and it worked immediately. Thanks to Akai and Blip and probably Apple ;)

• edited September 2019

Good luck, looking forward to the video! 👍👍

Or should I say ”break a leg”? I think that’s just for actors and MMA fighters…

• Look forward to it 👍🏼

• Thank you guys! The Akai and Nanostudio were fucking perfect. Couldn't have gone more smoothly (except the part where I slightly forgot the words :tongue:) Video will be up shortly!

• Here you go guys. Holding that tiny little Akai makes me look even more massive than I really am :grin: The studio recording has much better sound and vocals. I couldn't hear myself well enough tonight so timing and pitch wasn't up to scratch. So if you like the song please check out that version linked below the live version.

Live:

Studio:

• Well done and fair play for getting up there. I don’t think I could, I’d fold 😀
    Nice track and the studio recording sounds great 👍🏼

• It’s a great song and I love that you went all-out even though you couldn’t hear well, that’s a true performer! Hats off, I hope the crowd was good 🙂👍

• Thanks @Stiksi! Actually the crowd were amazing. I opened with an electro cover of The Sound of Silence and they were NOT expecting that. The whole room went quiet and everybody was just staring in surprise. And they really seemed to love Inklings too. It was a great night :) I’m gigging tonight too, but probably not with NS as I’m doing different songs which don’t require an instrumental section

• What Stiksi said.

Also, love the lead line you played on the akai.

• @Will said:
    What Stiksi said.

Also, love the lead line you played on the akai.

Thanks man. That part was written after I’d been listening to a lot of Public Memory :D

• Nice song and you have a good voice, about 98 percent of the time I could not understand what the words were in the song.

• @rayg1952 said:
    Nice song and you have a good voice, about 98 percent of the time I could not understand what the words were in the song.

Yeah that's intentional ;)

• @rayg1952 oh and thanks for the nice comments. It's rare to get feedback so I really appreciate it :)