Will We Actually See Audio Tracks?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2019

@dendy said:

@anickt
    Correct me if I’m wrong @dendy or @Stiksi but from previous discussions it sounds to me like the foundations for these and other features are already in place and would not “fundamentally change how NS2 works”

very much exactly what you said ;-)

I mentioned it somewhere .. if there wouldn't be that damn AU plugins, iphone version and audio tracks (and probably tons of other great features) would be already there for long time. I just wish i have time machine - i would return back to 2017 and convince Matt totally drop AU support in first release and concentrate just on iPhone version and audio tracks.

why not ? There were DAWs (or music production apps) on desktop which didn't supported any exernal plugins for long time, just build in stuff (Reason, Orion, Buzz, or Caustic, Gadget on iOS) - and still they were pretty powerful, pretty popular, lot people made lot of music with it. There is advantage in closed platform apps (stability, efficiency). When i'm looking back now, opening NS to AU world (at least in first release) was mistake in my option. It consumed maybe year (or more!) of development time. Enough time for perfect iPhone, audio tracks and more ..

That is an interesting scenario. I don't think I would have bought NS2 without AUs unless there were stunningly amazing demonstrations of smooth non destructive audio track/audio clip editing. Still excited at the possibility but not hinging my happiness on it. I am old enough to know this will never be my livelihood / escape plan to 'lifestyle freedom' so I am just glad to have something to look forward to that may make things a little more fun. :)

• edited September 2019

🙏🏻

• edited September 2019

😀

• I'm very happy NS2 has AUv3 support because I can't stand IAA and the FX work great. Honestly, though, obsidian has been so sufficient, I rarely draw on AUv3 synths at all. I would love for Audio Tracks and Time stretching to be a thing with NS2 because then it would be a total solution unlike any other on iOS....that being said, I have to take a moment to truly appreciate what's been done here. It sounds like one person, Matt, is doing what other mobile and desktop developers can barely do with full teams. It's easy to get caught up in all we want and forget about all we have. I take nanostudio over Auria and Cubasis for songwriting easily. If we have to wait for more updates...oh well. Its nothing to be happy about, but definitely nothing to get upset and angry about.

• @chocobitz825 said:
    I'm very happy NS2 has AUv3 support because I can't stand IAA and the FX work great. Honestly, though, obsidian has been so sufficient, I rarely draw on AUv3 synths at all. I would love for Audio Tracks and Time stretching to be a thing with NS2 because then it would be a total solution unlike any other on iOS....that being said, I have to take a moment to truly appreciate what's been done here. It sounds like one person, Matt, is doing what other mobile and desktop developers can barely do with full teams. It's easy to get caught up in all we want and forget about all we have. I take nanostudio over Auria and Cubasis for songwriting easily. If we have to wait for more updates...oh well. Its nothing to be happy about, but definitely nothing to get upset and angry about.

+1. Well said. NS2 isn’t perfect, but for my needs it’s still the closest thing out there.

• edited September 2019

Agreed! I’ve dated all the others but now that I’ve married NS2 I wonder what I saw in any of them. :#