Howto: Audiobus?

I don‘t understand how i can send sound/synths/Guitar through Audiobus in ns2. There is nothing in the manual.

Comments

• edited May 2019

just load NS in Audiobus OUTPUT slot.. then open in Nanostudio recording screen (in obsidian when Sampler oscillator is selected, or in Slate in sample tab) - if NS is connected with audiobus, AB is selected as recording input in recording screen .. with monitor button ypu hear everything what is comming from ausiobus, if you hit record everything is recorded ;)

more about recording screen in general is here :
    https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/SampleEditor.html#sample-record-dropdown

• edited May 2019

you can use AB also for resampling realtime NS2 output back to sampler - this concept is described with screenshots here:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/641189/#Comment_641189

• thanks @dendy! very helpful

• Maybe I’m just too stupid for NS2, but I just can’t figure out how to us inter-audio units in this DAW. I’m trying to use Audiobus 3, but can’t get it to work.
    Maybe upload a video walkthrough on YouTube.

• edited August 2019

with audiobus you can sample external synths in NS - into Slate or Obsidian. Is this what you want to do ?

In this case just put NS into AB "output" slot synth you want to sample into AB "input" slot...

Then in NS open for example Obsidian with 'Sample' oscillator, hit "record"... be sure that you wnable "monitor" input to hear in realtime e erythung what is comming from AB ... now when you start record, everything from AB is recorded...

• So is it possible to sync drums from beatmaker 3 for instance as the Audiobus input and go into NS2 as the output to record the midi? I’d like to try something where the two are tethered together to get the best of both worlds with NS2 sequencing and obsidian along with beatmaker 3’s note repeats and chromatic pads. So basically I’d like be using BM3 like an AUv3 thru Audiobus. I know this idea is pretty exotic. Just wondering if it’s possible or no?

• And also I’m noticing there isn’t the ‘rec’ option in Audiobus for nanostudio 2 like I see for Cubasis and others...am I doing something wrong?

• edited September 2019

yeah, "rec" button topic was already discussed internally ;)

in first iteration of AB implementation matt added rec just for audio recording - if you enable recording screen in NS, then rec button on audiobus navigation bar will be active and will controll record button in audio recorder...

it is on todo list to add also record button for sequencer record...

• @dendy said:
    yeah, "rec" button topic was already discussed internally ;)

in first iteration of AB implementation matt added rec just for audio recording - if you enable recording screen in NS, then rec button on audiobus navigation bar will be active and will controll record button in audio recorder...

it is on todo list to add also record button for sequencer record...

Ohhhh gooodness....of course I would stumble across more ‘list items’ 😂

• @iPadBeatMaking said:
    So is it possible to sync drums from beatmaker 3 for instance as the Audiobus input and go into NS2 as the output to record the midi? I’d like to try something where the two are tethered together to get the best of both worlds with NS2 sequencing and obsidian along with beatmaker 3’s note repeats and chromatic pads. So basically I’d like be using BM3 like an AUv3 thru Audiobus. I know this idea is pretty exotic. Just wondering if it’s possible or no?

I haven't tried it with BM3 but so long as it supports LINK, you should be good to go.

There's actually no need for Audiobus (though it certainly helps to smooth some stuff out like app switching). You can just use Virtual MIDI, LINK and Background Audio with both apps.

For recording the MIDI, I usually just have some large amount of empty pre-roll or metronome count-in setup in NS. Hit record, switch apps, hit play. If things are off, you can just line it up later (presuming you're not trying to play stuff in live, of course).