Has anyone tried NS2 on iPadOS?

Has iPadOS broken any functions in NS2? Does NS2 crash on iPadOS? How does it function in general? I'm tempted to upgrade, but I'm also hesitant to do so.

Comments

• I am also curious about this. Also does IAA work on Ipados 13.1? Animoog? Samplr?

• edited September 2019

NS2 works without issues on PadOS. In general also AU plugins works better on padOS - some significantly, like Rsvenscroft or iSymphonic - Apple fixed problem where multiple instances of same plugin caused crash because of memory - this is mlt hsppenig now, you can run even more instances and it is stable...

Samplr is now again recording audio from input !!

Apple obviously reworked audio engine and fixed / improved lot things..

• What about Interapp audio without audiobus? Does it work still? How is Animoog?

• no idea, i'm not using any IAA app for ages :-) But as i remember IAA is just deprecated not removed which means it may easily work for next few years... there are parts of iOS api whuch are deprecated for years and they are still there :-) "deprecated" means in general "hey, developers, do not rely too much on this technology, at some point we will remove it"

• @Nomzai said:
    What about Interapp audio without audiobus? Does it work still? How is Animoog?

Was your question about IAA specifically about NS2 support for it without Audiobus? If so then the answer is no, because NS2 doesn’t support IAA and isn’t planned to. This has nothing to do with Apple or any iOS version.

Please ignore if your question was about IAA in general, which does continue to work in iOS 13.

• @number37 said:

@Nomzai said:

Was your question about IAA specifically about NS2 support for it without Audiobus? If so then the answer is no, because NS2 doesn’t support IAA and isn’t planned to. This has nothing to do with Apple or any iOS version.

Please ignore if your question was about IAA in general, which does continue to work in iOS 13.

Yes it was about IAA in general. Thank you.

• @number37 said:

@Nomzai said:

I am actually specifically curious if Samplr works as an IAA input into Audioshare. Same for Sunrizer (i know it is an auv3 but it was having weird clicks at the beginning of each midi note as auv3 so i have been recording it as IAA) also curious about Animoog, Moebius Lab and TC-11. I know some developers have released workaround updates but Samplr hasnt been updated i years so I am especially curious if it works to record into another app. Also curious how Wow filter is working with IAA.

If anyone has any info about these apps, I would surely appreciate to hear about it.

Thanks.

• samplr, sunrizer, animoog (and any pther IAA instrument) works perfectly in AudioShare on PadOS.. no issues... and, as i said above, there sampling from external input again works in Samplr (wasn't working prolly since iOS10 or 11)

• @dendy said:
    samplr, sunrizer, animoog (and any pther IAA instrument) works perfectly in AudioShare on PadOS.. no issues... and, as i said above, there sampling from external input again works in Samplr (wasn't working prolly since iOS10 or 11)

Awesome. Thanks dendy.

• Not all great. Sugarbytes' Factory is giving me grief now I've updated to iOS13/iPadOS. Anyone else with Factory having problems?

• Judging by other forums, there’s quite a bit of AUv3 grief going around with PadOS.

I’m going to hold off because iOS13 did a number on my most used apps on my phone. Maybe in a couple months.

• Korg bluetooth devices such as the NanoKEY Studio will not pair with iOS 13. If they’re already paired before the update then you can still connect them. But if not, or if you loose the pairing info, they can no longer connect.

Certain Line 6 devices can’t pass audio with iOS 13.

No indication of when these issues will be fixed from either company or Apple.

• edited October 2019

@dendy said:
    no idea, i'm not using any IAA app for ages :-) But as i remember IAA is just deprecated not removed which means it may easily work for next few years... there are parts of iOS api whuch are deprecated for years and they are still there :-) "deprecated" means in general "hey, developers, do not rely too much on this technology, at some point we will remove it"

• @Stiksi said:
    Judging by other forums, there’s quite a bit of AUv3 grief going around with PadOS.

I’m going to hold off because iOS13 did a number on my most used apps on my phone. Maybe in a couple months.

Which apps in particular?

• edited October 2019

@Nomzai said:

@Stiksi said:
    Judging by other forums, there’s quite a bit of AUv3 grief going around with PadOS.

Which apps in particular?

Not really music related apps, just stuff I use every day. Some AUs were a bit tragic, like Mellowsound, which they had just got running pretty smoothly just weeks before and then along comes 13 and it’s crashing worse than ever. I feel for the devs.

• edited October 2019

Hi, I am not able record midi when I’m using the keyboard of an AUV3 plugin. For example using Sunrizer or Model D.

In midi settings I see that ”Include all midi inputs” is selected so that should work.
    I can record midi only when I use the keyboard from NS2.

I’ve tried in GarageBand, Cubasis and Auria Pro, I don’t have this issue.
    Is anyone else having the same problem?

Thx

• @toffcm said:
    Hi, I am not able record midi when I’m using the keyboard of an AUV3 plugin. For example using Sunrizer or Model D.

In midi settings I see that ”Include all midi inputs” is selected so that should work.
    I can record midi only when I use the keyboard from NS2.

I’ve tried in GarageBand, Cubasis and Auria Pro, I don’t have this issue.
    Is anyone else having the same problem?

Thx

The auv3 versions dont send midi as far as i know.

• this is not implemented yet, it's on todo list..

• NanoStudio 2 compare to some other daw’s has some catching up to do.

• Thank you for your answers :)

• @rayg1952 said:
    NanoStudio 2 compare to some other daw’s has some catching up to do.

And yet I’m more productive on NS2 than any other DAW. ;)

• Pleased to see that it isn't just a problem exclusive to me (pleased?) But it's certainly a right drag because I had six great pieces that were coming on just fine, now it's back to just a couple. But that said, NS2 works really well in iPadOS 13.