Select all in loop brace

Hi

Is there an option to select all parts within the loop brace? I couldn’t see it in the manual

Cheers

Comments

• not there.. wow i though we covered every possible combination of selection but this one somehow not...

thank you, now when you mentioned it, i'm pretty sure i will miss it on daily basis 😂

• @dendy said:
    not there.. wow i though we covered every possible combination of selection but this one somehow not...

thank you, now when you mentioned it, i'm pretty sure i will miss it on daily basis 😂

Hi Dendy

It’s really handy for laying out a whole track quick, just highlight 4/8/16 bars with loop brace, hit duplicate and move to next section. Its even more handy if the bars you want to copy are in the middle of a section.

Maybe in a future update :)

• I m not sure what the loop brace is and I’m on the beta 🤣.
    If I want to duplicate multiple parts, I just swipe across the area of screen and highlight the parts I need. (I guess that’s a loop brace)

It just goes to show that everyone has different ways of working 😀

• @LeeB said:
    I m not sure what the loop brace is and I’m on the beta 🤣.
    If I want to duplicate multiple parts, I just swipe across the area of screen and highlight the parts I need. (I guess that’s a loop brace)

The problem with this is you have to be accurate in your swiping which is hard on a busy track.

The loop brace is the blue looping part in the picture

• @TwistedGenetics said:

@LeeB said:
    I m not sure what the loop brace is and I’m on the beta 🤣.

The problem with this is you have to be accurate in your swiping which is hard on a busy track.

The loop brace is the blue looping part in the picture

The problem is that there are no area selections in Nanostudio, you can only select parts. So if you select the loop area, and parts go outside that area, those parts are selected as well. I think that philosophy is the reason why it isn’t there already.

I think this is a great feature and would love to see it implemented and I wouldn’t care about the overlapping parts happening.

But a sibling feature to this would be ”split to loop”, which would split all the border straddling parts at the loop borders would take care of the final hurdle.

• @TwistedGenetics gotcha.

I suppose I’ve just got used to doing it that way. If it’s a bit busy, I just pinch to zoom a bit to make it easier.

• I do it like @LeeB but agree this would be a handy feature (particularly with the auto-splitting bit).