NS2 VST version

I realise this would probably require an almost if not complete rewrite and so is probably not going to happen, but I thought I'd put it out there anyway. I love NS2, but often wish I could jam and experiment and then bring NS2 projects into my DAW. I know I can mix down individual channels, but then you obviously lose the ability to change anything beyond audio manipulation. I would absolutely love, and would pay for, a VST version of NS2 which could open my iPad NS2 projects and let me just continue working. If not a VST, then a desktop version which would MIDI sync via a virtual MIDI interface would be almost as good. I wonder what the chances are ;)

Comments

• Not planned in near future, but definitely possible / doable because most of NS is coded in C++ the way that it is not so much bond with just iOS... so doors for having it as plugin on Win/MacOS are definitely not closed...

• @dendy said:
    Not planned in near future, but definitely possible / doable because most of NS is coded in C++ the way that it is not so much bond with just iOS... so doors for having it as plugin on Win/MacOS are definitely not closed...

Let’s get that iPhone version and audio tracks first. After that... whatever! ;)

• That's great that it's not out of the question. I had assumed it was written in Cocoa (either Obj-C or Swift). Will keep my fingers crossed that a desktop/VST version comes some day. I agree though that audio tracks and iPhone version should be the priority.

• If you use a DAW with Ableton Link, you could use that to synch it with NS2, which would get you part of the way there as is - keep editing NS2 tracks in NS2 until you're ready to freeze all tracks to audio? Not sure whether this is enough for how you want to work, but suggesting it just in case it is :smiley:

• @Trigger_the_Monkey said:
    If you use a DAW with Ableton Link, you could use that to synch it with NS2, which would get you part of the way there as is - keep editing NS2 tracks in NS2 until you're ready to freeze all tracks to audio? Not sure whether this is enough for how you want to work, but suggesting it just in case it is :smiley:

Interesting idea, thanks dude! I'm a Reason user and I believe it does support Ableton Link, so syncing with NS2 is possible. This is definitely a great compromise while hoping for a VST/desktop version of NS2. Thanks man!

• I actually would love to see the Win/Mac version of NSII ported like NSI was as a stand alone product. Would there be any chance for the stand alone version?

• edited October 2019

@Fotizimo said:
    I actually would love to see the Win/Mac version of NSII ported like NSI was as a stand alone product. Would there be any chance for the stand alone version?

The desktop version was a demo app, not really a standalone product. It was just meant to drive sales of the iOS app. The problem was that it worked too well and kind of got a life of its own 😀 but it was never officially supported.

• I would assume a standalone version would be easier than a VST, as I guess there is an API specific to VSTs which would have to be complied with. With a standalone piece of software you could do anything permitted by the host OS (and maybe some things that aren't). I would be fine with a standalone desktop version as long as it could be configured to output to any sound card on the system, so a virtual sound card could be used to pipe NS2 into the DAW. And some kind of MIDI sync or Ableton Link like the iOS version would be needed too.