Sad NS1 Old Timers

2»

Comments

• You need to check on the first page of this thread for the link through the wayback machine

• I’m missing my orange X/Y pads from Eden and my 5th planet waveshaper !

• 5th planet waveshaper REPRESENT! I am so thrilled NS is back. Have 1 still on an old machine of course, but it's not quite the same....

• Used them once and ran away screaming! In love with NS2 and BM3 though. 8)

• I bought NS1 on August 24, 2010. I spent a week with it before I found & joined the forum. NS1 was really intuitive and I think I just didn’t need a forum to get started, possibly due to the great manual, but on the other hand I was probably too daft to think about looking for a forum.

• edited December 2018

This is the original NS1 forum avatar.. ha

Thinking ahead, but now I like seeing all the rest with it, looks good!

Remember where you saw it first! ©️

Enjoy NS2!

King

• @jumpercollins said:
    I’m missing my orange X/Y pads from Eden and my 5th planet waveshaper !

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    5th planet waveshaper REPRESENT! I am so thrilled NS is back. Have 1 still on an old machine of course, but it's not quite the same....

5th planet can be fully reproduced by the waveshaper filter types and the waveshaper insert effect. The settings are a little different but it’s all there 🙂 I’m a superfan too.

• edited December 2018

common guys.. :mrgreen:

just i have no fucking idea why i bought BM1 after NS1 :-))) never used it for anything...

• @Stiksi said:
    But Atticus is the only one who will permanently be remembered as being online 😀

@SlapHappy said:
    He’s suck in a time warp, or we just finally busted him for going on the forum and staying logged in while he did other things.

Just wait till I stage my coup d'état.

• A ha. Found this screenshot. You can join the exiled forever online community Slam.

• @Atticus said:

@Stiksi said:
    But Atticus is the only one who will permanently be remembered as being online 😀

@SlapHappy said:
    He’s suck in a time warp, or we just finally busted him for going on the forum and staying logged in while he did other things.

Just wait till I stage my coup d'état.

• @Atticus said:

A ha. Found this screenshot. You can join the exiled forever online community Slam.

I’m already building a bunker there, getting ready for the end. 😎

• I feel just like when I started in junior high and there were a whole bunch of kids from my old elementary school mixed in with the kids from the other elementary school.

• @Audiogus said:
    I feel just like when I started in junior high and there were a whole bunch of kids from my old elementary school mixed in with the kids from the other elementary school.

You’re right. It’s a little weird huh? The time between NS1 & NS2 has been huge in iOS years. In the meantime there has been a whole major scene develop over at the AB forum. Now that’s blending together with sad oldtimers from NS1. Which is cool with me but I really have wanted to avoid time-wasting things like the app vs app discussions and so avoided posting on the AB forum. Now I feel like I don’t know those kids, but wish I was their friend becasue they know a lot about other apps that I’d like to know about. It’ll be interesting to see how this forum grows. I’ve only been reading posts & making an occasional post myself for several days. I need to get back to using NS2.

• edited December 2018

@SlapHappy
    I need to get back to using NS2.

This !! Me too !! Time to start working on new album !!

• I need to finish something. Got too many loose middles.

• The bar is so high for music production in general now that I just need to post my abandoned tracks and move on and post more future abandoned tracks.

• I remember downloading NS1 on my iPod touch 3rd gen the first week it was released, joined the forum a while later as Joe Maulms, but I can't remember posting more than a dozen times or so. I remember collaborating with SyrupCore ( @will on this forum, I presume...sorry for the lack of a dedicated button ) on a track around May/June 2011.
    I fell into the Korg forums around the same time too because of the MicroSampler and that soured me on forums in general for a while. I mostly stuck to YouTube and SoundCloud around then.

Glad to see some familiar names here though, and that NS forum brand of humor.
    I'll try to lurk less and contribute more this time around.
    My kids are almost out of college at this point too, so I have a little more time to focus on feeding my Nanostudio addiction...fair warning, this may also serve as an outlet for the backlog of dad jokes that have been accumulating during these early empty nest years. ;)

• @3sleeves That was a fun collab. Is that track online somewhere?

• @Audiogus said:
    The bar is so high for music production in general now that I just need to post my abandoned tracks and move on and post more future abandoned tracks.

That is really, really, I mean really hard to argue with.

• My favorite color is green.

• Was that not one of your questions?

• Hi Leenaa! Which Nanostudio do you use?

• My kids are almost out of college at this point too, so I have a little more time to focus on feeding my Nanostudio addiction...fair warning, this may also serve as an outlet for the backlog of dad jokes that have been accumulating during these early empty nest years. ;)sad dp