Some issues with Kai Aras FX

I notified Kai about these as well.

RF-1 and RP-1 load fine but crash when audio plays back, RM-1 interface not always aligned properly (see screenshot), VC-1 no presets in browser (this also happens in AUM). Filter fx envelopes clip at end. These are all OK in AUM except where noted.

Comments

• edited November 2019

Any feedback on this? I have not heard anything from the dev.

PS - the crashing issue only seems to happen in NS2

• Nothing yet, I’m afraid. I forget, were you still on iOS 12 or did you move to padOS?

• 12 until I can afford a nw device. :o

• Ok, alignment issues are very much an AU dev issue, there’s not much Matt can do about it but the crashing is something that has to be looked at. Quite a few of the AU crashing issues stopped with pados/ios13 because Apple fixed some things, but it also broke some other things like iSem for instance.

• @Stiksi said:
    Ok, alignment issues are very much an AU dev issue, there’s not much Matt can do about it but the crashing is something that has to be looked at. Quite a few of the AU crashing issues stopped with pados/ios13 because Apple fixed some things, but it also broke some other things like iSem for instance.

Yeah - I should have removed the alignment issue from the copy/paste but too lazy! 😆

The issue with the apps crashing is not happening in AUM. I can’t check anything else because I’m only using NS2 and AUM these days.

• @anickt said:

@Stiksi said:
    Ok, alignment issues are very much an AU dev issue, there’s not much Matt can do about it but the crashing is something that has to be looked at. Quite a few of the AU crashing issues stopped with pados/ios13 because Apple fixed some things, but it also broke some other things like iSem for instance.

Yeah - I should have removed the alignment issue from the copy/paste but too lazy! 😆

The issue with the apps crashing is not happening in AUM. I can’t check anything else because I’m only using NS2 and AUM these days.

It’s a solid lead. Do you have crash reports? Settings->Privacy->Analytics Data
    any files that start with Nanostudio 2.

• @Stiksi said:

@anickt said:

@Stiksi said:

It’s a solid lead. Do you have crash reports? Settings->Privacy->Analytics Data
    any files that start with Nanostudio 2.

Another thing I’ve seen recently is some AU’s not starting up when opening a project.

I’ll get back to you with more info and crash reports ASAP.

• edited November 2019

tried RM1 on iPad Air1 running iOS 12.4.3 - no crasheshes, sound is smooth, just visual UI glitches

but on iPad MINI 5 there are crackles in sound (even through CPU load is just few percents), they are also present in mixdown ... anyway, no crashes ..

tried open/save various projects with RM1, no crash on iOS12/13 ...

• @dendy said:
    tried RM1 on iPad Air1 running iOS 12.4.3 - no crasheshes, sound is smooth, just visual UI glitches

but on iPad MINI 5 there are crackles in sound (even through CPU load is just few percents), they are also present in mixdown ... anyway, no crashes ..

tried open/save various projects with RM1, no crash on iOS12/13 ...

RF-1 and RP-1 have the crash issue

• @Stiksi @dendy

I got an email from Kai. He found issues, has made some updates, and is waiting for approvals. FYI

• that's really cool !

• @anickt said:
    @Stiksi @dendy

I got an email from Kai. He found issues, has made some updates, and is waiting for approvals. FYI

👍 Nice work doing our work for us 😀

• @Stiksi said:

@anickt said:
    @Stiksi @dendy

😆 many hands make light work. Or something!

• @anickt said:

@Stiksi said:

@anickt said:
    @Stiksi @dendy

😆 many hands make light work. Or something!

That’s us all right! Many hands making light work and leaving the heavy lifting to Matt 😂

• The clicking issues in NS2 with Kai’s awesome Filter Delay have been fixed in a recent beta. FYI

• @anickt said:
    The clicking issues in NS2 with Kai’s awesome Filter Delay have been fixed in a recent beta. FYI

Nice!