Best Midi keyboard 🎹 for low budget?

So what is the best for Midi keyboard 🎹 for low budgeting?

Anyone have it or used it on your iPhone/ iPad/ PC/ etc., for your music productions??

What’s about;

-> AKAI LPK25 (USB Cable) VS. AKAI LPK25 Wireless ??
-> AKAI LPK25 Wireless VS. KORG MICROKEY 25 Air
-> Wireless VS. NonWireless (USB Cable)
-> AKAI LPK25 (USB Cable) or Wireless tasted/ issues/ minuses???
-> WORLDE EasyKey25 tasted/ issues/ minuses??
-> KORG MICROKEY 25 Air tasted/ issues/ minuses??
-> Other brand maybe???

So I’m on mobile/ iPhone user btw. I’m not having a pc yet but I don’t want it, May like iPad for next update 🤧

Thank you 🙏🏼

Comments

• edited November 2019

what is your budget ? ideal / maximal price you can spend ...

Btw i have Akai LPK25 mkI and korg nanokeys studio - from those two i would definitely choose LPK25, keys on Nanokeys sudio are terribly unpleasant to play ..

Additionally - i would prefer wireless solution agains cable (from many reasons - you can charge device during using it, or connect external soundcard, or headphones if you use lightning to jack adapter), so definitely LPL25 wireless .. Wireless works just fine for midi (keys, controllers), no latency, no issues. Most of those keys can be charded by batteries - so they are super portable

Cables are evil. Less cables == better :-)

• Cables are reliable. Fewer cables = more fuss.

• The AKAI LPK25 is nice, but I found the Alesis V-Mini more useful as it has knobs and pads which can be mapped to parameters on Obsidian.

• @BjørnFelle said:
    The AKAI LPK25 is nice, but I found the Alesis V-Mini more useful as it has knobs and pads which can be mapped to parameters on Obsidian.

ooo i made mistake, i meant MPK25 not LPK25 :-)

• edited November 2019

Arturia Minilab is pretty good IMO, lots of assignable knobs and reasonably nice keys.

Be aware that the MK2 version of the AKAI MPK requires a hub in order to work with an iPad, you can't just plug it straight into the CCK. The hub can be passive (ie not powered) but it is required.

• edited November 2019

The Akai’s keys are pretty bad but of course better than the screen keys. If I could do it again, I’d save a little more and go for a Launchkey from Novation or Minilab from Arturia.

• @dendy said:

@BjørnFelle said:
    The AKAI LPK25 is nice, but I found the Alesis V-Mini more useful as it has knobs and pads which can be mapped to parameters on Obsidian.

That’s! Nice! Mpk25!!! This transformer machine 😉. But I’m afraid to use this, as you know I’m a amateur on it/ beatmaker you know, but I’ll trying to be professional 😌. But, again that’s nice machine 😍! N sp404sx too! This a dream 🤧
    Well, maybe I’ll spend money around S$150. So what’s about the ALESIS V-Mini? this good? But I’m looking from the price it more useful more than LPK25 isn’t it? Is it Wireless? Is not, it will be needed the lightning to USB 3 camera connector, this around S$60 😂

• @Stiksi said:
    Cables are reliable. Fewer cables = more fuss.

You was right 😌

• @andicsaputra in my opinion make sure you go to a real shop and try one out if you can before you buy... the feel of a musical instrument really affects how much you feel like playing it :)

I agree with @dendy on the korg nano series. I have a Nanokey2 and it is really portable, and OK for playing some genres (e.g. using arpeggiators for EDM, ) and for simple percussion, but doesn't have the feel for more subtle music. However I still use it a lot because it is so easy to keep handy. I sometimes use it more than my Native Instruments keyboard, which feels great but has to be connected through a PC, and I definitely use it more than my Miditech i-control 61, which would be really good if it was set up all the time but sits in the corner not plugged in, so never gets used....

Keyboards are really personal choices :) so unless others have found them unreliable, they just might work for you.

• @dendy said:

@BjørnFelle said:

Oh that's niiiiice. I didn't see that one. Though it's a bit overkill for what I needed, it certainly does look like a nice little controller.

• edited November 2019

i have mkI version which is basically same size and it looks even better together with focusrite iTrack dock :)