Pathways

Hey all,

Been awhile between releases, but I was trying to channel my inner @Blip Interactive :smile:

Pathways is a song starting at one point and then finding its way to the next through exploration. Music doesn't have to have a set path, it can be a process like anything else in life. I enjoyed finding the next moment by taking time off before moving to the next section and letting creativity have its way. There are many genre's lurking, so hopefully something in here will get your attention. Enjoy!

Comments

• edited November 2019

JAWS. ON. FLOOR.

Epic unexpected journey full of changes, interesting ideas, organic breathing complex musical life form, amazing colourful experience from first to last beat. This is true epic music, not just "track". Beautiful insight into mind of truly talented musician.

Thanks !

• Nice work!! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜

• What @dendy said! Absolutely incredible piece of work @drez !

• This sounds like a gig I would definitely want to be at. Epic progression and if you’ll forgive me for the totally cross-genre reference, listening to this was very much like listening to The Who.

• Thanks folks! Real fun tune to work on. I learned a lot over the last several months on workflows and it helped out a bunch. Lots from the forum where people discovered things that helped them be more efficient. Sharing those things has been very helpful.

@Stiksi I actually listened to I Can See for Miles while writing this, but not the original by The Who. It was the remake by Surfing the Apocalypse. I saw it on a game trailer for Forza Horizon during Microsofts E3 shpeel and fell in love with it. Its kind of got that big sound that I go for. I'd love to get a strong female vocalist for some stuff when audio tracks roll out and see what happens.

• @drez said:
    Thanks folks! Real fun tune to work on. I learned a lot over the last several months on workflows and it helped out a bunch. Lots from the forum where people discovered things that helped them be more efficient. Sharing those things has been very helpful.

@Stiksi I actually listened to I Can See for Miles while writing this, but not the original by The Who. It was the remake by Surfing the Apocalypse. I saw it on a game trailer for Forza Horizon during Microsofts E3 shpeel and fell in love with it. Its kind of got that big sound that I go for. I'd love to get a strong female vocalist for some stuff when audio tracks roll out and see what happens.

I would love to hear it when you do. Btw just got Forza Horizon 2 for my son’s birthday gift (because we use ancient consoles) and he’s loving it. I don’t get to play at all, but I will check out that remake πŸ˜€

• @drez this was massive, just massive! Totally love that progression as many ideas just forged together. Will have to listen tomorrow again on πŸ”Š πŸ”Š πŸ”Š πŸ”Š Epic! Big up!