How can i record External MIDI sample in Nano Studio 2

edited November 2019 in General chat

Today I discover the AudioKit Synth One Synthesizer app and i love the presets. I can control midi while it open but can i record it apps sound on Obsidian or Slate as a sample?

Comments

• edited November 2019

Yes, both. You can set NS as an Audiobus output and record into Obsidian’s Sample OSC or into a Slate pad.

The manual explains how you can get to the sample editor https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/Slate.html#sample

Audiobus is a 3rd party app used to connect different ios music apps together.

But synth One is an AUv3 app so you can just load it into NS. Hold the + button in the timeline or mixer to add an AU instrument.

Edit: my mistake, they are listing it as an upcoming feature on the app store description. That’s actually a breach of Apple store guidelines, hope they don’t get into trouble for that…

• edited November 2019

@Stiksi Hey I bought the Audiobus and try to record something. AND IT WORK LIKE CHARM! Thank you!

• edited November 2019

@Stiksi Maybe mentioning future features in appstore description is not forbidden anymore, look:

• @frioventus said:
    @Stiksi Hey I bought the Audiobus and try to record something. AND IT WORK LIKE CHARM! Thank you!

That’s great, no problem 🙂