New Slate & Obsidian Kits!

edited March 2019 in General chat

Hey everyone, its @T4H here using a new name for this thread to reflect www.ipadbeatmaking.com. As some of you know from my other posts I’ve been working on migrating my desktop workflow into NS2 and a lot of that involved sampling and building NS2 Slate and Obsidian kits and patches. Like many of you, I love NS2, and know that some who’ve bought all the IAP’s might want more, so thought I’d offer up some of my latest works for all.

These are my WestCoast Hip Hop inspired kits. On offer is a Slate Kits Bundle & an Obsidian Patches Bundle, or a combined bundle of both offered at over 20% off the cost of buying both individually.

In the Slate Kits I tried to capture the best of each era from the 80’s to now. From Dr Dre, to Scott Storch, to the more modern sounds of DJ Mustard. Over 180 sounds total!

In the obsidian kits I worked to find a balance between sampling, blending samples, and making sounds from scratch inspired by some of my favorite West Coast songs. **Over 70 in total. **

I also have FREE versions of each that contain: 16 of the 180+ Slate sounds, and 16 of the 70+ obsidian patches. As I’m trying to build everything from 0 they’ll require a social media unlock (follow, subscribe, etc) to download, which is to help get the word out.

Here’s a sample of something I made with using one of the Slate Kits

I’d like to give a big thanks to @dendy for helping me work through the kinks of building this, and also, as a thanks to the all the Blip community I’ve created a coupon code for 20% off ‘BLIPFRIENDS’ that will work until the end of the month. Everything is available at www.ipadbeatmaking.com

This is the first of hopefully many more kits to come. I look forward to your feedback and hearing your future productions using some of these sounds. Thanks for your time!

Comments

• edited March 2019

purchased ;)

You did very good job ! Westcoast hip hop is not my style, i'm making very different music, budtyour patches and slate kits are far away from locked to just this genre, they are strongly useable in any genre !

Btw. you should advertise it also on AB Forums, lot of potential customers there, i think :)

• edited March 2019

@dendy said:
    purchased ;)

You did very good job ! Westcoast hip hop is not my style, i'm making very different music, budtyour patches and slate kits are far away from locked to just this genre, they are strongly useable in any genre !

Btw. you should advertise it also on AB Forums, lot of potential customers there, i think :)

You're awesome! Thanks so much for your support, I greatly appreciate it! And thanks for the kind words. Please share some of your creations using the kits when you get around to it, I'm very interested to see how you use the sounds for creating your favorite genres. And I'll definitely post a thread or two over there and see if there is any interest, great idea! Thanks again @dendy

• Some nice stuff here!

• edited March 2019

@anickt said:
    Some nice stuff here!

Thanks a lot for the support and kind words! I’ve got a lot more in the works currently! I’d love to hear what you come up with using them. Also let me know if you have any preferences on what kind of kits you’d like to see in the future

• @iPadBeatMaking said:

@anickt said:
    Some nice stuff here!

Thanks a lot for the support and kind words! I’ve got a lot more in the works currently! I’d love to hear what you come up with using them. Also let me know if you have any preferences on what kind of kits you’d like to see in the future

Breaks. Anything for Breakbeat :)

• @drez said:

@iPadBeatMaking said:

@anickt said:
    Some nice stuff here!

Breaks. Anything for Breakbeat :)

Any examples?

• Yeah i’ll Post some stuff this evening

• Hmmm, when I go to download the free kits I get this...

• @Audiogus said:
    Hmmm, when I go to download the free kits I get this...

I don’t know how beatstars works with how they integrate the subscribe plug in, I assume it’s the standard subscribe thingy but if you’re uncomfortable I’ll send u the link directly.

• edited March 2019

i did not get such notification ... But i didn't used "log in" button in top menu - i just added stuff to card and then proceeded to checkout, and payed it with paypal .. Or at least i don't remember if logged in at all in any phase ..

• That only shows up for the free demo.

• edited March 2019

UPDATE: Free Rock Drum Kit for Slate! I really like these sounds! I know it'll be useful to some.

Download HERE.

The link will request follows on various Social Media. None are required, but Any/All are appreciated! Also, it seems to ask to send the link to your email if accessed from an iPad. It doesn't do this on a Desktop from my experiences. This is simply the platform, not me.

Below is a quick track I made using it. The Lead, Piano, Bass, and more were made in conjunction with my WestCoast Hip Hop kit. @dendy you were right, it works on different genre's! This isn't mixed, and not my genre at all, but this was fun to make while sitting on the couch. We're WAY too spoiled as musicians these days!

Any feedback is appreciated, and as always, please share some of the tracks you make with it, I look forward to listening! Thanks!

• Just bought West Coast and I give it the highest recommendation for Hip-Hop, it's my favorite pack I've bought for NS2.

• @dustmoses said:
    Just bought West Coast and I give it the highest recommendation for Hip-Hop, it's my favorite pack I've bought for NS2.

I really appreciate it! Thank you so much 🙏 I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

• @dustmoses said:
    Just bought West Coast and I give it the highest recommendation for Hip-Hop, it's my favorite pack I've bought for NS2.

Got any other recommendations?

Also, I agree with the West Coast kit being amazing, the Trap Bundle is awesome too!

• @One3D Thanks! I’m glad you’re enjoying them. FYI Trap Kit Vol 2 will be dropping any day now (it’s done, just gotta make videos and all that for it) and it’s gonna have lots more content overall, and have much more instrument focus. I’ll save all the other details for later but that’s a little info.

What other type of kits (genre) would you like to see?

• Vol. 2 is going to be an instant buy as I told you over Instagram 😁 can’t wait for it dude.

@iPadBeatMaking said:
    What other type of kits (genre) would you like to see?

Long as you're asking, I'd love for a kit for alternative R&B (for lack of a better term) — something like old school The Weeknd, H.E.R., the Drake/XO sound, etc.