I.T.N Lux Ferris Album

Hello everyone,
I make full album only with Nanostudio 2 and this is the first song.
I don’t tell you a style because i don't have only one.

The album is for spring 2020 and i will put the bandcamp adress here when i start to sell it.

Thanks in advance for listening, and tell me your felling about the song.

Comments

• woooow. epic song !

• @ITN great and polished professional sounding tune! Well done. Will be waiting for album;)
    Are you making tunes for long? Sounds really cool. As Dendy said “an epic song” thumbs up

• ITNITN
    edited December 2019

Thanks so much :)

I make music for long time, but not this style.
    And for 1 and half year i compose entirely on ipad, and now Nanostudio 2 is my main DAW. Yes i would make an epic orchestral darksynth metal... HAHA
    I don’t want to put a name on my music, its only music that i want to do ;)
    I m waiting for the audio track :)

Nanostudio is very capable software!! I think is the best of IPad, and i have all of them...

Thanks again, i will post another song for the end the month, i work on a movie too.

• And, share it please!! ;) Thanks

• Very, very cool track!
    It'd be interesting to know what kind of effects/AU you used :)

• ITNITN
    edited December 2019

Thank you :)

The only external auv3 plugins are Stark and Haaze.
    I use the internal plugins to the maximum in Nanostudio, Limiter, compressor, eq, stereo filter, stereo gain, algoverb and multi fx. I have EOS 2 in reverb, but with the 27 28 tracks, I have to be careful. And the audio track is not here, haha because i want to had minimum 4 tracks for vocal and 4 for real guitar haha.
    A simple session had 30 40 tracks.
    All tracks are divided into groups, is for easy view and limiting all groups at -6db, for the main mastering track, i have Maxima too, but not so happy with crackeling sound haha.
    I have a lot of auv3, but I use little because it consumes too many resources.

• I use the internal plugins to the maximum in Nanostudio, Limiter, compressor, eq, stereo filter, stereo gain, algoverb and multi fx.

That's even more cool.. added you to big NS2 songs playlist ;)

I have EOS 2 in reverb, but with the 27 28 tracks, I have to be careful.

plus, to be honest, NS Algoverb sounds to my ears significantly better than Eos 2

• ;)

Dendy, it is your song? Thanks a lot :) !

Yes, the plugin in Nanostudio 2 is very capable and sound very pro, all other is just for specific use, disto, maybe delay, but the delay unit in NS is crazy too hahaha.
    And not talking about automation hahaha it is more more fun to use it in NS, i try to make it in all other DAW, and its not very user friendly.

And i can automate an entire section, and inside than, each part too, its very creative way hahaha.

• ITNITN
    edited December 2019

I use stereo filter for cut low and high unnecessary frequency, because of its 24 36 or 48db/octave cuting.
    Then the eq after, maybe 2 or 3 instances of it haha

I’m waiting too for auv3 midi input, because i want to use it with Roseta suite, but for the moment i make it at hand, haha even complicated arpegio etc

And with the audio track, i want to make live use of NS, i load the standart exported track, with my instrument part removes, and below the audio, load all the synth i have need in the same session, then puch play button and start to make show haha.

• edited December 2019

@ITN
    Dendy, it is your song? Thanks a lot :) !

No that's @LeeB ... it's first song on that playlist, if you click at that link you will see it's long playlist with 100+ songs from various artists, various genres - all made in Nanostudio 2. Your tune is added there too, at bottom of list :)

use stereo filter for cut low and high unnecessary frequency, because of its 24 36 or 48db/octave cuting.
    Then the eq after, maybe 2 or 3 instances of it haha

yeah, cutting is important.. i cut also bottom - basically on everything what is not kick/bass i cut everything bellow 100-150hz .. and on kick an bass everything bellow 20hz - that's basically just inaudible crap which still affects limiters and compressors in wrong way ;)

• Thank you again for added to the playlist ;)

I cut below 25 30hz for kick and bass, and the other to, but depend of the instruments and harmonic i want to put in front of the track :)

• edited December 2019

I don't usually cut the subs off that low because I don't think the actual frequency response curve will be very effective at that range, or at least according to the spectrum analyzer in the NS filter. I do cut everything that's not bass at 150 like you guys but the lowest I've set my low cut is around 40 Hz and I would expect the rolloff from that to affect all the way to 200 Hz. If I have a sub issue, I either use a different sound to do the sub bass sound / sub kick or saturate the channel a little, sometimes that takes care of the resonating frequency.

Do you guys actually see a difference when cutting 20Hz? I mean, I'm not trying to say I know better, I'm honestly asking because I haven't gotten it to work. Most I've gotten is some odd distorted harmonics higher up if I've tried to cut too steep.

• I read a lot of theory and took online courses, the guys say to cut between 20 and 30, but it depends on the style of music, which instruments and especially the number of tracks.
    I think that when you have between 30 and 50 tracks, it is better to cut low on the bass tracks, and on all those that you want to increase in bass, at 40 Hz you risk losing power, but again, it depends the work you want to do, the musical genre etc.

Eq is very important in addition of that.

I know that when I cut too high, I lose bass on other listening system, headphones and other.
    You should know that people do not have the same listening material, and that they will probably have a different experience from what you hear :)

Again, everyone has their own way of working, yours is good if you like it! ;)

• @ITN said:
    I read a lot of theory and took online courses, the guys say to cut between 20 and 30, but it depends on the style of music, which instruments and especially the number of tracks.
    I think that when you have between 30 and 50 tracks, it is better to cut low on the bass tracks, and on all those that you want to increase in bass, at 40 Hz you risk losing power, but again, it depends the work you want to do, the musical genre etc.

Eq is very important in addition of that.

I know that when I cut too high, I lose bass on other listening system, headphones and other.
    You should know that people do not have the same listening material, and that they will probably have a different experience from what you hear :)

Again, everyone has their own way of working, yours is good if you like it! ;)

Yeah, could be I'm just not using that many bassy tracks, plus I'm not aiming for live performance / club play. I usually have a sub and the kick that are in that range, or a couple, but not at the same time. I notch them so there's less overlap and usually sidechain the bass.

I cut the whole melodic group and all the other percussion/drum instruments at around 120-150 Hz, so those tracks don't have any bass element.

I tend to make pretty busy mixes so I make it a habit to cut anything and everything I can't make out in the full mix. If I can't hear the highs from an instrument, I cut them. Same goes for everything. It's a couple extra days at the end of the mix but it's worth it.