Want to purchase the app but what will happen when ios 16 is released?

Im curious if the app will be updated to work with ios 16 once its released.? Im asking because there isnt much activity from the developers. Was this app abandoned? I want to purchase but im worried the app wont work once next ips version is released.

Comments

• edited August 2022

You may want to ask over on the AudioBus Forum whether or not anyone is using NS2 on the iOS 16 beta. There are thousands of regular visitors on that forum, and you’re likely to find someone who can answer.

Not every iOS version causes any DAW problems requiring fixes. Most apps keep working most of the time. The last time an OS update affected NS2, it was pretty quickly updated.

You can always hold off on updating to iOS 16. It’s wise to do that for at least a few months anyway. Sometimes it takes that long for problems to be identified and fixed, for other apps even if NS2 isn’t affected.

• As @number37 said, iOS music producers usually avoid updates until the problems Apple creates are sorted out. Additionally, The team at Blip Interactive are committed to updating NS2 to handle problems caused by iOS updates.

• Anyone using NS2 on ios16 yet? I still haven’t upgraded my iPad Pro from iOS 15 but the time is running out….
    Just wondering if anyone is already using iOS 16 with no NS2 problems?
    Cheers

• No problems so far on 16.4.1 (a), been playing around with a 27-track project with tons of WOOTT, SynthMaster One, FluxMini II and Koala for tens of hours

• It is essential to reach out to the app developers for clarity on their update plans for ios 16.
    If there's limited developer activity or concerns about abandonment, it's best to wait for a response or consider alternative apps to ensure compatibility with future ios versions. :)

• @LucaJones said:
    It is essential to reach out to the app developers for clarity on their update plans for ios 16.
    If there's limited developer activity or concerns about abandonment, it's best to wait for a response or consider alternative apps to ensure compatibility with future ios versions. :)

i am running iOS 16.5.1 on my iPad Air M1 and iPhone Max XS and on both of them NS2 works flawlessly .. no single one issue ..

• @dendy I smelt a hint of AI on the post you quoted. Bobheads post was legit, and for that concern I can say that NS2 is working fine on my iPhone 8+ iOS 16.5.1 (can’t upgrade my iPad or I’ll lose an app, but no doubt it will he fine there too). Fortunately the AI aren’t rude like trolls. Once someone creates AI trolls… yikes.

• Thanks everyone, I have taken the leap and can confirm everything works fine for me on iPad Pro (2018) using ios16.5.1 👍

• edited July 2023

@SlapHappy said:
    @dendy I smelt a hint of AI on the post you quoted. Bobheads post was legit, and for that concern I can say that NS2 is working fine on my iPhone 8+ iOS 16.5.1 (can’t upgrade my iPad or I’ll lose an app, but no doubt it will he fine there too). Fortunately the AI aren’t rude like trolls. Once someone creates AI trolls… yikes.

oh, actually that may be the case .. inwas wondering why somebody is asking for iOS16 now, when it was released previous year🤣

• @LucaJones said:
    It is essential to reach out to the app developers for clarity on their update plans for ios 16.

Are you AI bot ?

• @bobheads said:
    Thanks everyone, I have taken the leap and can confirm everything works fine for me on iPad Pro (2018) using ios16.5.1 👍

Great! That’s the same iPad I have, so it’s good news for me.