Fade in and out?

Hello, is this possible in NS2? If so, could one of you clever people explain to a thick novice like me please? 😀

Comments

• There are a couple of ways. If you want your entire piece to fade in or out you can hit Record and slide the Master Out slider up/down and the changes will be recorded. Another way is to use the Automation Editor and draw the fade in/out. The section of the manual titled ‘Automation Editor’ will cover the basics on that. Also combine them by manually recording the slider then go back into the Automation Editor and tweak the results. You can do this on the Song level or the Part level.

• Thanks, I'll have a play around with it, much appreciated 👍

• It seems that it's possible to fade in and out the whole song by automating the main mix channel. Would that be correct?

• Yes. Or you can fade in/out individual tracks/parts during a song.

• Yes. Or you can fade in/out individual tracks/parts during a song.

• @SlapHappy said:
    Yes. Or you can fade in/out individual tracks/parts during a song.

Excellent! Thank you 🙂

• @Wyvern said:
    It seems that it's possible to fade in and out the whole song by automating the main mix channel. Would that be correct?

correct but i would rather put "GAIN" build in FX on main mix changel and automatite it's gain value, instead of automating directly channel volume fader - that way you will be still able to set realive volume by fader and gain FX will simply fade volumne from 100% to 0 ..

• edited January 2023

@dendy said:

@Wyvern said:
    It seems that it's possible to fade in and out the whole song by automating the main mix channel. Would that be correct?

correct but i would rather put "GAIN" build in FX on main mix changel and automatite it's gain value, instead of automating directly channel volume fader - that way you will be still able to set realive volume by fader and gain FX will simply fade volumne from 100% to 0 ..

I do this on every channel. It’s the first thing I do when adding a channel - add a Gain module into the Insert FX chain on that channel. This way I can automate fades on that channel but - say the overall volume of the channel is to high or too low during mixing - I can just change the channel’s mixer fader without having to worry about changing the fade automation.

I realise I’ve just repeated what @dendy said 😁

• Huh. Good idea. You guys must do way more fades than I do. I just change the mixer fader or it’s automation. In volume automation I would likely select all and raise or lower as necessary during mixing. My method is less sophisticated. I’ll keep the technique in mind and perhaps find a use for it.
    As usual, more than one way to skin a cat.